Squad strength picture - City, Arsenal, Chelsea & United

• Thread starter Deleted member 58619
  • Start date
Squad strength picture

I've tried to create two even teams for the hypothetical City v City match. Kolarov and Zab are our best full backs, so split them up. Split up Mangala and Kompany. Split up Silva and Nasri. Pair Fernando with Yaya to cover Yaya's lack of defence, and Fernandinho with Lampard to cover for Lampard's lack of energy. Then we have two natural pairings upfront. And you get:

.............Negredo..........................
............................Aguero.............
Nasri........................................Navas
.........Fernandinho......Lampard........

Kolarov...Nastasic...Kompany...Sagna

...........................Hart..........................

VERSUS

............,.................Dzeko..................
..............Jovetic................................
Silva.........................................Milner
...............Yaya.......Fernando.............

Clichy...Mangala...Demichelis...Zabaleta

.....................Caballero....................

Our spine is Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero, so I made each team have 2 of them.

I'd love to see that match!!

Re: Squad strength picture

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
No team as the divine right to win anything, but fuck me, if we dont atlease win 2 trophys with one of them teams there's something wrong, Got to be one of the best squads ive ever seen.

It's a pretty fair comment I think. More things than player numbers and talent go into winning a trophy but we certainly shouldn't have any personnel excuses. That's the best squad in the league. Plenty of players at their peak, great experience, some truly world class talent. It would be a bit of a travesty if it doesn't make a large City sized dent in the Champions League and it's more than capable of dominating domestically.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Wow squad looks so strong when you see it on paper, oodles of experience and fight for each position.

28i9du1.jpg

When I look at that image I can't see any weak links once centre half position is completed.
You could argue we need cover for Negredo as he may be out until the January window.

Great time to be a blue

Could you do this for Chelsea squad would like to compare

courtois

ivanovic
terry
cahill
luis

matic
fabregas
oscar

hazard
willian

costa

2nd

cech

van ginkel
zouma
???
accpeileta

mikel
ramires

salah
schurlee

drogba
torres

were alot stronger!

uwe rosler 28 said:
Chelsea squad...

courtois...

were alot stronger!

I can't say I agree.

1st choice teams (clear preference in bold)
HART COURTOIS
ZABALETA IVANOVIC
KOLAROV AZPLILACUETA
KOMPANY TERRY
MANGALA CAHILL
FERNANDINHO MATIC
TOURE FABREGAS
NASRI OSCAR
SILVA WILLIAN
AGUERO HAZARD
DZEKO COSTA

Back up
WILLY CECH
SAGNA VAN GINKEL
CLICHY LUIS
NASTASIC ZOUMA
DEMICHELIS ???
FERNANDO MIKEL
LAMPARD RAMIRES
NAVAS SALAH
MILNER SCHURLEE
JOVETIC TORRES
NEGREDO DROGBA

So I think there's first XI is slightly stronger but our back-up is better. As always though we will both be able to play like champions 'on our day', it just depends on which players can perform to that standard most regularly - which is mainly determined by the skills of the manager.

uwe rosler 28 said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Wow squad looks so strong when you see it on paper, oodles of experience and fight for each position.

28i9du1.jpg

When I look at that image I can't see any weak links once centre half position is completed.
You could argue we need cover for Negredo as he may be out until the January window.

Great time to be a blue

Could you do this for Chelsea squad would like to compare

courtois

ivanovic
terry
cahill
luis

matic
fabregas
oscar

hazard
willian

costa

2nd

cech

van ginkel
zouma
???
accpeileta

mikel
ramires

salah
schurlee

drogba
torres

were alot stronger!

1062958_Chelsea.jpg

First time we've actually had the squad depth the media and neutrals claim we've had in recent years. It's always been something of a myth with unreliable backups where the quality drops too sharply. We finally do have genuine squad depth to rival the best and to play in four competitions without suffering too much. If I was being greedy, I'd like to see a quality left-sided winger added to the squad (imagine Bale for a second...) but Lopes might fill that role if he develops well even though he isn't exactly the sort of winger I'm thinking of.

dajd1984 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Chelsea squad...

courtois...

were alot stronger!

I can't say I agree.

1st choice teams (clear preference in bold)
HART COURTOIS
ZABALETA IVANOVIC
KOLAROV AZPLILACUETA
KOMPANY TERRY
MANGALA CAHILL
FERNANDINHO MATIC
TOURE FABREGAS
NASRI OSCAR
SILVA WILLIAN
AGUERO HAZARD
DZEKO COSTA

Back up
WILLY CECH
SAGNA VAN GINKEL
CLICHY LUIS
NASTASIC ZOUMA
DEMICHELIS ???
FERNANDO MIKEL
LAMPARD RAMIRES
NAVAS SALAH
MILNER SCHURLEE
JOVETIC TORRES
NEGREDO DROGBA

So I think there's first XI is slightly stronger but our back-up is better. As always though we will both be able to play like champions 'on our day', it just depends on which players can perform to that standard most regularly - which is mainly determined by the skills of the manager.

It's all about views and for me

Zaba is better than Ivanovic and prefer Dzeko to Costa as Costa not proven in Premier League

LoveCity said:
First time we've actually had the squad depth the media and neutrals claim we've had in recent years. It's always been something of a myth with unreliable backups where the quality drops too sharply. We finally do have genuine squad depth to rival the best and to play in four competitions without suffering too much. If I was being greedy, I'd like to see a quality left-sided winger added to the squad (imagine Bale for a second...) but Lopes might fill that role if he develops well even though he isn't exactly the sort of winger I'm thinking of.
Yeah, in the past we've utilised our 'depth' and fielded the likes of Garcia and Razak in midfield. Now we can have Fernando and Lampard.

Our squad strength got us over the line last season in spite of long term injuries to key players. Dzeko stepped up to the plate with vital goals and Demichelis and Garcia exceeded all expectations.This season our squad is even stronger and if we have better luck with injuries[Negrado excepted] we should hopefully find it easier going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.