Squeaky bum time on Gallowgate

johnny on the spot

Here in the North East there's a delicious and ever increasing sense of panic as the Geordies finally have a moment of clarity and realise they're in deep, deep shit. The local press have spent the last week screaming about the fact that many of their first team players have been relegated before (Duff, Butt - Birmingham, Bassong - Metz, Viduka, Smith - Leeds) and that with their run-in the situation could go Defcon 4 PDQ.
I've even stopped hearing the usual 'Shitty City' jibes at work.

Realistically, the relegation maelstrom currently involves anywhere up to ten clubs, but now's probably the time to start seriously factoring run-ins into the equations and making serious predictions.

I honestly think that it could be WBA, Boro and Newcastle to go down in May. A thought which cheers me no end.

I agree that it could well be WBA, Boro & Newcastle. In some ways I'd be sorry for Newcastle as it's a great away trip and the fans are generally superb and hospitable. They don't deserve what's happened to their club.

But the club management has only got itself to blame. They got rid of a good manager in Robson, made a number of poor appointments and it's been downhill ever since. I don't know what Ashley was thinking when he took them over but he's run the club idiotically.

I think it'd be funny if they went down, but I'd rather they stayed up. I'd rather watch City against better clubs like Newcastle than shite like Hull or Stoke

In principle I agree it's harsh on them. They love their football and the Ashley-Llambias-Wise administration has torn the arse out of one of the country's more genuine clubs.

That said, hearing dozens of them whinge day in, day out all season about City ruining football for 'proper football-gannin people' has somewhat hardened me to their plight.

And don't even get me started on those mutants from the Boro.

When we were 18th, do you think they were hoping we were "too big to go down"?

Were they fuck.

I hope they drop and take Rovers with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.