SSN - Breaking News

LoveCity said:
Ian Ladyman said on Twitter that he's been told directly by City that Mancini was just being polite and that they have no interest at all in signing Donovan.
Why would anyone trust that Daily Fail prat?? May I remind everyone that the Fail reported that Chelsea were set to sign Balotelli yesterday, then this morning they guessed City were close to sealing a deal for him, now they changed their predicted and believed that Balotelli was havin 'second thoughts'. What a joke of a newspaper, more like a bloody circus

And I can't see how Roberto would be polite by saying 'we are trying to sign Donovan'. That saying why didn't he mention Kolarov and Balotelli to the Sky Sports guy?? Seems quite strange to completely not mention those 2 deals<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:34 pm --<br /><br />
ste.sully said:
LoveCity said:
Ian Ladyman said on Twitter that he's been told directly by City that Mancini was just being polite and that they have no interest at all in signing Donovan.
Why would anyone trust that Daily Fail prat?? May I remind everyone that the Fail reported that Chelsea were set to sign Balotelli yesterday, then this morning they guessed City were close to sealing a deal for him, now they changed their predicted and believed that Balotelli was havin 'second thoughts'. What a joke of a newspaper, more like a bloody circus

And I can't see how Roberto would be polite by saying 'we are trying to sign Donovan'. That saying why didn't he mention Kolarov and Balotelli to the Sky Sports guy?? Seems quite strange to completely not mention those 2 deals
Seems Mancini did mention deals about Balotelli and Milner.

Guardian reports that Mancini might of just been 'playing' to the most US audience about their star player which would seem reasonable

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/21/roberto-mancini-landon-donovan-manchester-city

the only player i can think of with a swear word and punctuation in his name: landon fucking donovan?!?

Blag or not-there's nothing wrong with Donavan.

I remember a few of our Our so called "better players" were left chasing shadows against him last season.
Played well whenever I saw him for Everton.
He was one of the better attacking midfield players at the WC and more than held his own.A threat going forward,can pick a pass and HUNGRY as fek to prove himself.

Best years in front of him,comes across as a natural leader when he talks....look at the way he told billy big balls beckham what time it was at the Galaxy?

I really don't see why the guy is getting so much shit on here.He would add to our team.
Is it because he's not Spanish or Italian?

I know Mancini is just being polite, but I feel obligated to point out something to my fellow americans who think he would be a good signing. The following is just hypothetical thinking on my part. I don't think Mancini is in for him and I don't think Donovan would make the move anyway.

Compare him to Si Yung Park (sp?). He's considered the best South Korean player. He's happy to come off the bench at United, and does a great job in his role imo. Donovan is no Park.

Donovan is considered by some to be the best american player. He would be a bench player at City and would be miserable in such a role. At his age it would be a bad move. He's used to being a leader that the team needs to win.

Yeah he came off the bench at Everton, but he started a few also, so that made him happy. Also that was a loan move. Sign him permanently to a 3-5 year deal where he's playing less than he did at Everton, never starting except for injured players, and you have a very homesick player.

He said he'd like to play for Everton, but at the end of the day, MLS have said they don't want to sell him, and I don't think he'd fight too much to get out, because right now the Galaxy are tops in the league, and he's very comfortable in his situation (especially if he's trying to win Bianca back!).

RBmk2 said:
Blag or not-there's nothing wrong with Donavan.

I remember a few of our Our so called "better players" were left chasing shadows against him last season.
Played well whenever I saw him for Everton.
He was one of the better attacking midfield players at the WC and more than held his own.A threat going forward,can pick a pass and HUNGRY as fek to prove himself.

Best years in front of him,comes across as a natural leader when he talks....look at the way he told billy big balls beckham what time it was at the Galaxy?

I really don't see why the guy is getting so much shit on here.He would add to our team.
Is it because he's not Spanish or Italian?

Nowt wrong with the lad as such..he´s a goalscorer at least.

But I have a feeling that Mancini is just putting some pressure on Balotellis agent by naming other strikers. Since when did we name targets at a press conference I mean?

Personally I think the only reason we would bring in Landon Donavon is to sell more jerseys and make us better known 'In America'

Other than that he wouldnt get near our starting 11.

He was asked by reported what hethought of Donavon & if he could play for City. Mancini replied ..why not, he's a good player. Think it was morea case of diplomacy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.