SSN - Breaking News

Red Wings said:
Very good player, you lot are getting ahead of yourselves by claiming he's shit.
No doubt he's decent, but average. I think many of us feel he won't have anything to add to the team, I can't help but think this is one of Garry Cooks 'masterplans' to sign an American hopefully to bolster City's image and of course revenue in the US.

blueplan said:
Irish_Blue said:
Whether Mancini was buttering-up the US public or not, I'd have no qualms about welcoming him to City. Both he and his compatriot Michael Bradley impressed me greatly at the World Cup and I don't think Blues should be dismissing a player just because he's not a top name.

Donovan's got a good football brain, good passer and a good pro. Successful teams don't have to be world stars 1-11.

North America is a HUGE Market for CITY. He is a Marquee Player for City to broaden our Horizon.
To me on a Capello Index Donavon's grade will exceed that of any of England's Players based on his WC matches.
Mates get off your parochial 'horse & buggy' & hoof & gun football mentality.
Remember we got thumped by Everton twice. At Goodison Park, Bellers was just not outFellainied. Bellers & Bridge were made 'monkeys' out by Landon. Revisit or review the match again if not persuaded.

Ask any Tofees or even Chelski or even Gunners whether they are convinced of his Ability & Football Nous. Why does Gollum 'begged' him to stay?

It beggars my mind that there is a paucity of football brains among some of City's fans here with their anti Donavon tirade. Or are some of you anti-City or Agent Provacateurs stirring crap?

Spot on that.

However I would also agree with another poster that I would also be willing to wager plenty of money for us NOT to sign him. Really honestly think about it? Team are in America and we are expressing an interest in Americas top player which will get the American media talking.

From what I've read and what I gather that obviously Villa are holding out for around £30m for Millner, and we've said we won't be held to ransome over it. So by Mancini talking about Donovan as an interest it sends Villa a message that we can just move on to the next target.

It's excellent PR killing to birds with one stone. Linking Donovan goes down well in America and makes Villa think we will just switch targets.

Signing Donovan would make sense, heres why...

1. He would be cheaper to buy than Milner and if you ask me his ability isn't that much different.

2. We'd get a huge following in North America which obviously would be beneficial to the financial side of our club.

3. He's had Premier League experience and has over 120 caps for his country.

4. He'd be a great squad player, can play across virtually across the whole of the midfield.

5. This is perhaps the most important factors of the 5 stated. Signing Donovan would piss off Golum :D

NEBlue1 said:
leighton said:
Bit part player at best. A way of breaking the American market get there best player to sign. No better than what we already have to be honest.
He was a revelation last season for an Everton team that beat us twice. Still want to look down on him, then?

I agree. He looked good in the WC, scored a tremendous goal, and can centre a ball, I said he can centre a ball, or cross one if you prefer. Would be a decent aquisition, and would go some way to counter the notion that we are after ready-made galacticos.

I´m very sceptical to this..first that it was mentioned in a press conference when we try to be discreet about all other deals.
Second that it was Mancini that is all charm at times, he might just have complimented our hosts.

I have a feeling that it´s nothing in this story.

some ungrateful people on here...nobody is big enough now eh?...no wonder the club gets called...

personally i think it could be a good signing,but i recon this is a smokescreen and just mancini being polite to a tricky question no way would he discuss transfers like that,he said transfer window has a long way to go,so we can get home before americans realise theres nothing in it

There's more chance of us signing making a double swoop for Gary and Phil Chuckle brothers. You just gotta laugh at these rumours, Mancini hardly gonna say Donavon a pile of shite and would struggle to get in our reserve team, during a pre season tour of America.

34846_412492583491_541333491_4715800_3048065_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.