SSN - Breaking News

The reporter had a dvd in his hand and said to Roberto ' would you like to sign Landon Donovan up. Manchini thought he said ' would you like to sign Landon Donovans Up' to which the ever polite Roberto replied, ' it would give me great pleasure to sign for him'

And thats how it all started.
Sheesh

Whether Mancini was buttering-up the US public or not, I'd have no qualms about welcoming him to City. Both he and his compatriot Michael Bradley impressed me greatly at the World Cup and I don't think Blues should be dismissing a player just because he's not a top name.

Donovan's got a good football brain, good passer and a good pro. Successful teams don't have to be world stars 1-11.

Irish_Blue said:
Whether Mancini was buttering-up the US public or not, I'd have no qualms about welcoming him to City. Both he and his compatriot Michael Bradley impressed me greatly at the World Cup and I don't think Blues should be dismissing a player just because he's not a top name.

Donovan's got a good football brain, good passer and a good pro. Successful teams don't have to be world stars 1-11.
Good post, have to agree and i always thought he looked ok at Everton he wont be expecting to start every game but very good back up.
Wes brown ish?

Red Wings said:
lloydie said:
care to explain your bizarre username then?

Google is your friend.

I'm more of a Canadiens man myself....it is a terrible choice of user name for a City forum though. You might be better off getting the mods to change it for you or you will constantly be called a rag

Irish_Blue said:

North America is a HUGE Market for CITY. He is a Marquee Player for City to broaden our Horizon.
To me on a Capello Index Donavon's grade will exceed that of any of England's Players based on his WC matches.
Mates get off your parochial 'horse & buggy' & hoof & gun football mentality.
Remember we got thumped by Everton twice. At Goodison Park, Bellers was just not outFellainied. Bellers & Bridge were made 'monkeys' out by Landon. Revisit or review the match again if not persuaded.

Ask any Tofees or even Chelski or even Gunners whether they are convinced of his Ability & Football Nous. Why does Gollum 'begged' him to stay?

It beggars my mind that there is a paucity of football brains among some of City's fans here with their anti Donavon tirade. Or are some of you anti-City or Agent Provacateurs stirring crap?

Ian Ladyman said on Twitter that he's been told directly by City that Mancini was just being polite and that they have no interest at all in signing Donovan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.