SSN: Game Called OFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
swinton blue said:
may have already been asked but why cannot they play the first leg next week with the second leg staying on the same date next week will be fa cup replays which we dont need and they cant have

presume it has something to do with espn not wanting to lose their monday night live game with us against blackburn

shadygiz said:
i thought the blackburn v villa game has been rescheduled to next week...therefore the monday night game wont go ahead??

think they are going to play their game on the thursday so that our game monday will be unaffected.

Don't know what people expect the club or council to do, this is the worst weather for 30+ years and sometimes the elements dictate what happens. As for the new dates at least the two clubs have acted quickly to arrange the new dates unlike the other semi final.

local paper says rovers v villa is on thursday enabling city v blackburn to go ahead as planned on monday , the next game for them has had to be moved to sunday cos of the thursday game , its complicated stuff but I think it aint too bad for us to play them 3 days before their semi

Rammy Blue said:
swinton blue said:
may have already been asked but why cannot they play the first leg next week with the second leg staying on the same date next week will be fa cup replays which we dont need and they cant have

presume it has something to do with espn not wanting to lose their monday night live game with us against blackburn

true spoke to someone who works for club this afternoon and city wanted 1st leg next wed 13th and blackburn home game back to sat , telly wouldnt budge coz they would lose the game, ESPN T--TS

give-go said:
Rammy Blue said:

true spoke to someone who works for club this afternoon and city wanted 1st leg next wed 13th and blackburn home game back to sat , telly wouldnt budge coz they would lose the game, ESPN T--TS
With both ourselves and Blackburn still in the LC when the choice was made, more thought really should have gone into it.

I still think the decisions been made too quickly, the gritters appear to have a firm grasp on the main roads and the mets saying no snow tomorrow.

Blue Smarties said:
I still think the decisions been made too quickly, the gritters appear to have a firm grasp on the main roads and the mets saying no snow tomorrow.

Dont think the fact it won't snow tomorrow makes a difference pal, i'm not far from the stadium and it is bad. When it freezes tonight you will not be able to drive on the sideroads or walk on the pavements. A sensible decision to postpone early so people are not waiting till the last minute imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.