SSN: Milner cost more than Ozil and Khediera

Marvin said:
mcfc1996 said:
Obviously these media people need to manipulate the facts to suit their agenda.
SSN are just interviewing their colleagues in the media

Annoys me when I read / listen to it, but maybe theya re just ill informed. They want to believe that we have over-paid because it suits their outlook.

But it's just opinion. When you think baout it it's inevitable that prevailing opinion will be against us at the moment because we are threatening to upset the apple-cart. There are bad reporters and good reporters, or there are good reporters who file a bad report and vice versa.

The media don't have an agenda against City, although I don't like the established newspapers because of their right wing politics and the way they are used by their wealthy owners to mould opinion, but I'd rather have a free press and debate

As it happens forums like this, on-line blogs etc are beginning to bypass the dinosaurs and we can express our ow views and publish them instantly across the world..................even if it's just as poor if not worse than what we see or hear in papers and the TV

and er.... the daily mirror? yes they`re pro city

The media is london-centric,and all that entails
murdoch empire makes it's millions from it's adopted clubs
they will do anything to maintain the status quo
these are powerful enemies and will crank the pressure up to destabilise City as the season unfolds
Mancini is the easy target,but is battle-hardened,so will handle it.
ADUG are bullet-proof and will not be slandered, apart from snide comments.
As fans,it is useful to remember that every headline,every banner is presented in a way that suits the agenda of the owners. Commentators/pundits survive by toeing the murdoch line and behave accordingly. As an example,how many players have 'snubbed' City,when in fact no approach has been made,
The Beeb should be beyond 'agendas' but is by it's very nature london-biased,treating the rest of the country in a patronising disdainful manner.The fa are in fear of sky and saf,as well as being completely useless and obsolete (house of lords)
Calling the media'idiots' is demeaning to idiots,who by and large are not responsible for their actions,much more accurate to label the murdoch empire as a ruthless,manipulative sinister greedy anti-competitive malignant stain on what used to be a decent profession.

I'm surprised any of you are bothered to be honest, accurate or not it matters little really. Hell if you want Ozil and Khediera I'm sure you will be able to buy them next summer.

The reality is well there is no reality not for City in the transfer market any more, you can buy almost anyone and the price well the price is of no importance.

The media can try and make a story out what you pay and that you have paid too much, as a Villa fan I'll happily admit the price we got from you for Milner is hugely inflated but that is for the rest of football to worry about rather than you guys.

The media are going to be desperate for a story to have a pop at you but that is just what they do.

We were the press darlings for 2 years but for the last 2 years they have had nothing positive to say about us, thats the press and football for you.

You may have paid too much for Milner but you will to a man all grow to love him the way we did that is for certain.

Did they report Utd paid 12 million for a player who has played less than a season for Fulham who they bought for a tiny fee from non league where we spent the same on a player who had a great World Cup.

Did they report over and over and over and highlight the fact Bebe was signed for free 2 months ago but Utd paid 7.5 million despite never seeing him play.

The reporting on us last year was bad, and most of us put up with it, but this year its in overdrive. They cant even be bothered to hide the facts that it is lazy journalism and hit us with everything, from rolling out rent a quote pricks who have no clue to whats going on at City, to having Digs at everything we do. Wish City would tell the lot of them to fuck off and ban some of the papers from the ground

Its a pity "our mike wedderburn" skysports news city fan, wasn't the presenter when Mccarthy was spouting his tosh, hecould have put him right. CTID

Bet they didn't mention United signed Smalling, Bebe and the mexican lesbian for the same price as Oezil and Khedira did they?

VALUE!!

The press can get away with ripping the piss out of us but that will all change once we're established at the top - they'll all come round and suck up to us.

We'll probably find that more annoying when it happens so enjoy their stupidity now is what I say!

Blue Phil said:
Can't stop going on about it lol. Funny how they don't mention that Ozil had 11 month's left on his contract. Or that they spent £25,000,000 on Di Maria. They could also have said that we spent £25,000,000 on Silva, £24,000,000 on Yaya, £17,000,000 on Kolarov and £23,000,000 on Balotelli. A grand total of £79,000,000 for 4 world class players, or less than one Cristiano Ronaldo.

They are so biased it depresses me sometimes. This will be the new thing now, it used to be we are ruining the England team (Hart, Richard's, Lescott, Barry, A.Johnson, Wright-Phillip's and Milner suggest other wise) Or that we would disregard youth players (Wiess, Boyata, Ibrahim).

Absolutely love that. Would make a perfect email to SSN, seriously doubt they'd read it out though. Twats!

bellbuzzer said:
The media is london-centric,and all that entails
murdoch empire makes it's millions from it's adopted clubs
they will do anything to maintain the status quo
these are powerful enemies and will crank the pressure up to destabilise City as the season unfolds
Mancini is the easy target,but is battle-hardened,so will handle it.
ADUG are bullet-proof and will not be slandered, apart from snide comments.
As fans,it is useful to remember that every headline,every banner is presented in a way that suits the agenda of the owners. Commentators/pundits survive by toeing the murdoch line and behave accordingly. As an example,how many players have 'snubbed' City,when in fact no approach has been made,
The Beeb should be beyond 'agendas' but is by it's very nature london-biased,treating the rest of the country in a patronising disdainful manner.The fa are in fear of sky and saf,as well as being completely useless and obsolete (house of lords)
Calling the media'idiots' is demeaning to idiots,who by and large are not responsible for their actions,much more accurate to label the murdoch empire as a ruthless,manipulative sinister greedy anti-competitive malignant stain on what used to be a decent profession.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.