SSN , Villa confirm Barry in talks!!

Tony Cascarino said some nice things about City and that players know that City will be a top team, also said that no doubt City will be in for at least four to five quality players and we will be a very good side next season challenging for champions league.

....Funny old world isn't!!!

Great, solid english premier league star....we lost up to 15 away points last season needlessly, it wount happen with signings like this.
2 defenders and 2 strikers to go

I really hope this comes off, Barry is perfect for City, great box-to-box midfielder which we've needed since Johnson's thrown his career down the shitter, good passer, good tackler, scores a fair few goals, England international, can play in a few positions and my main reason for wanting him - he's a leader, which we've been crying out for, hopefully he will be our new captain.

I do agree with QR that he probably will come for the money more than anything, but then ask yourselves who wouldn't move jobs for a pay rise? It doesn't mean he won't try as much because he's here for the money, Barry is and always has been a good professional as fair as i've seen, so I think he will be a fantastic signing.

Petetheblu said:
Tony Cascarino said some nice things about City and that players know that City will be a top team, also said that no doubt City will be in for at least four to five quality players and we will be a very good side next season challenging for champions league.

....Funny old world isn't!!!

Tony Cascarino ?

You sure ?

He usually hates us.

I suspect by the end of the transfer window we will either a) be the media darlings or b) Ruined football for good.

This is exactly the type of signing we need. We looked anything but solid away from home last year and adding Barry should balance the midfield.

Daniel Sturridge said:
I really hope this comes off, Barry is perfect for City, great box-to-box midfielder which we've needed since Johnson's thrown his career down the shitter, good passer, good tackler, scores a fair few goals, England international, can play in a few positions and my main reason for wanting him - he's a leader, which we've been crying out for, hopefully he will be our new captain.

I do agree with QR that he probably will come for the money more than anything, but then ask yourselves who wouldn't move jobs for a pay rise? It doesn't mean he won't try as much because he's here for the money, Barry is and always has been a good professional as fair as i've seen, so I think he will be a fantastic signing.

my thoughts exactly, if he does come I would give him the captains armband. great player that fits the bill of what we are looking for, is versatile (CM,LM or even LB) a valuable asset for any club. If this comes off then it shows a statement of intent from MH and City.they have obviously been laying the foundations for this,and probably more transfers, for weeks,possibly months,and are doing exactly what they said they would by trying to get players in as early as possible.the fact that Barry is away with England does't overly bother me, as majority of talks will be through his agent, he will know what City have offered,that a fee has been agreed,has probably already spoken to MH about plans and where he sees him fitting into the team etc.the mere fact that Villa have confirmed he is in talks speaks volumes, that they expect him to join us, lets hope it happens!

eastlands oasis said:
Daniel Sturridge said:

my thoughts exactly, if he does come I would give him the captains armband. great player that fits the bill of what we are looking for, is versatile (CM,LM or even LB) a valuable asset for any club. If this comes off then it shows a statement of intent from MH and City.they have obviously been laying the foundations for this,and probably more transfers, for weeks,possibly months,and are doing exactly what they said they would by trying to get players in as early as possible.the fact that Barry is away with England does't overly bother me, as majority of talks will be through his agent, he will know what City have offered,that a fee has been agreed,has probably already spoken to MH about plans and where he sees him fitting into the team etc.the mere fact that Villa have confirmed he is in talks speaks volumes, that they expect him to join us, lets hope it happens!

My point exactly... would Aston Villa have confirmed talks if it was not certain that he would move away from Villa Park?

A couple reasons why he would come to us (besides the money). He's probably quietly pissed at O'Neill for preventing a move to Liverpool last year. Plus, I think the appeal of going to Liverpool has worn off a bit since they didn't raise their price a bit to get him. I think that told Barry that Benetiz would have liked to have him if they could get him, but wasn't as keen on him as Barry probably would have wanted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.