SSN , Villa confirm Barry in talks!!

This would be an awesome signing for us!

If he comes I reckon he's our future captain.

Villa Forum: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=52490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name ... ic&t=52490</a>

"£20 Mil and Richards and they've got a deal.

Actually make that £20 Mil and Ireland. "

Funny.

Villa Fan here:

Good move for both teams. Man City will get a good distributor of the ball who can slow things down who is used to the English Game.

Villa get between £12-15m for a player with 1 year left on his contract. Our central midfield was severely lacking pace and creativity (eg you guys have Ireland) we have Petrov who can retain the ball and has just signed a new contract, we can now replace Barry.

So it is a great move all round. He will be a great signing for you!

Richard said:
I like the way we are taking all the other teams best players. First Given and Bellamy and now Barry. Awesome.

Definitely agree - this is our best policy for the next year or two. For that period of time our main rivals are not the yet the top 4 but the teams just behind them - so cherry-picking their best players we stand a great chance of rising above them.

okay so Given didn't play for one of those teams but he was easily of their standard.

Im not sure he will sign. He's still with the England team so we can't be in talks with him now.

PSmyth07 said:
Im not sure he will sign. He's still with the England team so we can't be in talks with him now.

well nothing is for certain until the ink is on the paper - I remember we were apparently not only 'in talks' but had 'agreed personal terms' with Scott Parker in januray and it didn't end up happening.

one thing I'v learned is to NEVER count your chickens before they've hatched where transfer dealings are concerned.

so I will only allow myself to think that if Barry comes it will be a fantastic addition to the team, and if not there are other quality players out there so it's not an unmitigated disaster.

good solid player for our midfield. Hes also box to box which is important as our only other box to box midfielder in my opinion is Johnson. Well done Hughes for sorting this out early, lets just hope it comes off. Great to see the yellow ticker back on SSN... and so our summer begins!

The Fixer said:
Does this mean we will of already agreed a fee with villa if they have let us speak to him?

The answer to that question is a YES.

£12m has been mentioned as a figure that would have been agreed between the two clubs. The figure is down from the £18m Villa wanted from Liverpool this time lasy year because he now only has one year left of his contract. This time next year he would be a bosman.

This would be a very good start to our transfer campaign if, as expected, a deal is completed later this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.