Stadium Developments thread

And people thought the away seats St James' Park were fairly high up! As tall as NMS is, he'll be just a speck when viewed from up there.
I've heard the seats come with a free parachute.

edit
So the early leavers can just leap over the back wall lol

How big does a stadium have to be to become too big for football? That top tier looks pointless except for tourists to buy overpriced seats to tell the folks back home that they've been there. It's too far away from the pitch for you to take anything away from the game.
Yes, but, money.

How big does a stadium have to be to become too big for football? That top tier looks pointless except for tourists to buy overpriced seats to tell the folks back home that they've been there. It's too far away from the pitch for you to take anything away from the game.
Its the same height as the existing away end which gives a great view (even with netting). There was just one side which the top tier didn't wrap around so they're filling that in.

The tiers are steeper in Spain than here (probably doesn't comply with UK H&S requirements), so that means you are a lot closer to the pitch.

In my opinion it was already the best stadium in the world. Doesn't look like they've fucked it up thankfully, whereas they should flatten the Nou Camp and start again. Just need the pricks in their local police force to chill out a bit.

Its the same height as the existing away end which gives a great view (even with netting). There was just one side which the top tier didn't wrap around so they're filling that in.

The tiers are steeper in Spain than here (probably doesn't comply with UK H&S requirements), so that means you are a lot closer to the pitch.

In my opinion it was already the best stadium in the world. Doesn't look like they've fucked it up thankfully, whereas they should flatten the Nou Camp and start again. Just need the pricks in their local police force to chill out a bit.
Escalators out of order and you have a horrendous hike to your seat and I found the netting took a lot of enjoyment out of the game. I found visits to Lokeren and Groclin far more enjoyable than Madrid.

Escalators out of order and you have a horrendous hike to your seat and I found the netting took a lot of enjoyment out of the game. I found visits to Lokeren and Groclin far more enjoyable than Madrid.
I've been to 3 out of the 4 Real Madrid aways and the escalator going up has been working each time, but it would be comparable with Newcastle and where I sit in the Etihad SS3 if it meant a walk up the stairs. There is netting or a screen at pretty much every away in Europe, so if thats a problem then maybe give European games a miss.

We're allowed to have different opinions, but Lokeren was a temporary stand which no longer exists, so I think yours is quite objectively wrong. You may well have had a better experience in those but I think you will be in a minority of one to say that either is a better stadium in any criteria.

I've been to 3 out of the 4 Real Madrid aways and the escalator going up has been working each time, but it would be comparable with Newcastle and where I sit in the Etihad SS3 if it meant a walk up the stairs. There is netting or a screen at pretty much every away in Europe, so if thats a problem then maybe give European games a miss.

We're allowed to have different opinions, but Lokeren was a temporary stand which no longer exists, so I think yours is quite objectively wrong. You may well have had a better experience in those but I think you will be in a minority of one to say that either is a better stadium in any criteria.
Then you didn't go to our first game there when the escalators were not working. Netting is a pain at any ground but don't recall the stand we were in behind the goals at Lokeren as being temporary. I'm not trying to say they are better grounds, just the viewing experience was rather more enjoyable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.