Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Re: Stadium Expansion excitement!

lancs blue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
M18CTID said:
Not sure whether this is in any way connected but just received a mysterious e-mail from the club entitled "Opportunities like this only happen once in a blue moon" and some spiel about 10am 16.10.

If I remember correctly, in one of those surveys for potential Season Ticket sales we filled in earlier this year, there was a question along the lines of if you are prepared to pay up front for 2-3 years to secure your Season-card at a heavily discounted price or even get your 1st year free in the new extended part of the stadium!

I can't remember the exact wording, however it would be interesting to know if anybody can remember the exact offer and if those who have received this email actually registered an interest in that option!

Then again I could be miles off, but my guess is as good as the next man's guess I suppose!

I received one of those 16.10 e-mails too. Can't recall what answers I gave re the survey but I assume there'll be a follow-up e-mail with details.

Apologies if it's been answered elsewhere, but where in the ground are the seats for those who've received the 16.10 e-mails?

That'd be interesting to know?

Prices will always go higher with success and need to comply/make profit.

Would you rather be shit? everyone would say no.

The club do a good job of keeping prices low and we're cheaper than utd and cheaper than London clubs even taking into account London tax.

The club doesn't need to provide value tickets in prime locations, that's ridiculous.

Re: Stadium Expansion excitement!

Bluemoon230989 said:
lancs blue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
If I remember correctly, in one of those surveys for potential Season Ticket sales we filled in earlier this year, there was a question along the lines of if you are prepared to pay up front for 2-3 years to secure your Season-card at a heavily discounted price or even get your 1st year free in the new extended part of the stadium!

I can't remember the exact wording, however it would be interesting to know if anybody can remember the exact offer and if those who have received this email actually registered an interest in that option!

Then again I could be miles off, but my guess is as good as the next man's guess I suppose!

I received one of those 16.10 e-mails too. Can't recall what answers I gave re the survey but I assume there'll be a follow-up e-mail with details.

Apologies if it's been answered elsewhere, but where in the ground are the seats for those who've received the 16.10 e-mails?

That'd be interesting to know?
Well my email came to the email address associated with my Blue Membership NOT the one associated with my Season Ticket - if that makes sense - even though my Season Ticket is right in the 'to be upgraded to hospitality' zone...

6one said:

The club do a good job of keeping prices low and we're cheaper than utd and cheaper than London clubs even taking into account London tax.

The club doesn't need to provide value tickets in prime locations, that's ridiculous.

Wait a minute bayern are the most succesful club in europe yet manage to charge 110 quid for a season ticket. The club do not need to raise ticket prices at all, ticket revenue is nothing to them. It isnt ridiculous at all to want people to be not priced out.

Didnt realise the cheaper tickets mean you are shit haha

WEMBLEY76 said:
I bet the take up of Blue membership will increase before Wednesday as it gives immediate access to the waiting list and opportunity of a cheap seat or 2015 season.

that's the whole point of this isn't it

that's why I'm not biting

too much fucking marketing spin I'm afraid

it's happening isn't it.........you know of what i speak.......

fathellensbellend said:
why not just cut the costs for all fans, 425 behind the nets, and 500 down the side, with a few premium areas down the side, fill the 60000 seats, and keep growing the club.

compleltey agree with this, if we want a full stadium gauranteed big crowds, why not cut ticket prices all over the ground. Its kind of a lie sort of that we have the cheapest season tickets, yes we do with value gold, but it was such a limited amount.

Also dont see how this will get old fans back, prices around the rest of the ground are increasing and there will probably be a very limited number of 299 season tickets. Sort of a headline grabber, but in reality it wont really help working class/ struggling fans back

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
6one said:

Wait a minute bayern are the most succesful club in europe yet manage to charge 110 quid for a season ticket. The club do not need to raise ticket prices at all, ticket revenue is nothing to them. It isnt ridiculous at all to want people to be not priced out.

Didnt realise the cheaper tickets mean you are shit haha

With respect, that's like saying that because our defenders haven't scored any goals and no-one is calling for them to be sold because they haven't scored, that our strikers shouldn't need to score to be valuable to the team either. Yes, Bayern have really cheap season tickets. So do German teams in general. We all know this. But the thing is, Bayern still make a huge amount more money than us - around £100 million a season more as of the end of the 2011-12 season, which is the last season records have come out for (publicly) so far. They outperform us in two of the three of the types of revenue stream - match-day and commercial, we beat them on broadcasting for obvious reasons. They also tend to spend less than us on transfers, and on player salaries. You can't simply argue that because Bayern have really low season ticket prices, we should have them too, because they make all kinds of money that we don't make, and we spend all kinds of money that they don't spend. If we suddenly dropped our season ticket prices to Bayern levels, we'd just be dumping £50m or so more on the club in net losses every season that we can't cover for. On top of all this, going back to the match day revenue thing, the simple fact is that Bayern fans spend more at the games they attend than City fans do, and that's cash that goes into their club's pockets. If you want the season ticket prices lowered then I think you have to be willing to then pump most of the money you save back into the cash in the form of spending money at the ground or on merchandise, because the Germans have us beat in this respect too.

toffee balls said:
Why Always Ste said:
toffee balls said:
You like the Smith's don't you Steve

Heaven knows I'm miserable now ;)

Lol,I just want Atmosphere at City fella and able to be amongst likeminded Supporters... Rather than feeling awkward when I start singing as a group of tourists start taking pictures of me on their Tablet devices and pointing as though we're apart of the entertainment or something.

The more this occurs the more City just turns into the Vermin and it will be time to go then sadly :(

Good on you pal.

The looks I get up in 324 when I start F ing and J fing are great.

You would have thought I'd have threatened to abduct a kid or something.

I still carry on though....

Fuck me so you`re the noisy bastard who sits near me up in the heavens in 324 !!

A wasted opportunity - City should have took the bull by the horns and said ''we are building a German style safe standing area'' and had the backing of all the other clubs who have said they want them too and forced the governments hand to end this nonsensical regulation that allows standing in lower league games as well as rugby games (both codes) and standing up in all seated stadiums when hosting rock concerts!

The cost of converting to standing areas would be mightly cheaper and more cost effective than building two third tiers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.