Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Bloody hell the negativity in this thread is borderline ridiculous!

For anyone with any negative thoughts/views/opinions then please read the story on the OS again.

I can't think of anything that is wrong about the proposals.

My only beef is that I don't think it's the right time yet. 25k occupying a 60k sweater stadium for a cup match will be a shambles. No doubt this expansion will also increase the number of tickets that City have to give ViaRipOff thus increasing the number of empty seats at league games.

Ah well, I suppose that is countered by more being at PL games.

I don't think we need to be concerned about the availability of the £299 tickets. I can't see hordes of people swapping their existing seats for ones in the third tier of the South Stand. I'm currently on level one and have no intentions of moving and I suspect a lot of people are the same. In fact in an ideal world i'd like additional tickets for the rest of the family where I am now and not in the gods. What I do suspect is given the level of interest the waiting list might generate, will prompt the club to expand the North Stand at the same time.

In terms of the South Stand becoming an all City Stand, I suspect once the expanded West & East Stands have been completed and joined onto North & South we will see the away supporters moved into the corner more. Sorry for being positive but it seems this thread is slowly being taken over by the moaners. No need for that, what could you possibly see as a negative what the Club are proposing.

akcity said:
My only beef is that I don't think it's the right time yet. 25k occupying a 60k sweater stadium for a cup match will be a shambles.
I'm not sure what the problem is with a couple of capital 1 cup games having small crowds, but if they can fill a 60,000 stadium for the league games and bigger cup games (didn't we sell out all the FA Cup games last year ?), then surely its better for the club you support.

I think many are missing the point of this expansion completely, its to increase match day revenue, nothing more, nothing less, and the only ways this can be done, are stay the same size and increase prices even further, pushing more out, or expand to be able to bring in new fans, whether returning or not, and keep price rises down for those already attending, however it is definitely about increasing City's match day revenue.

Wow what a load of moaning/miserable cunts on here... The season tickets are the cheapest in the Prem. They can't all be the equivilent of £15 per game!!!

Now we have one of the best owners in world football, our fans seem to be more spoilt. Pay the price or don't?? Easy enough choice!

mayo31 said:
squirtyflower said:
Some real miserable ***** in this thread
It started off brilliantly with everyone excited about the expansion now we've got people moaning that the club are just aiming to rip them off

Ffs there looks like there's going to be about 5000 to 6000 seats at £299 which is already a lower price than any PL club and you're saying they're doing it just to appear good on the BBC

Some of you need to get a grip on reality, the stadium is never going to be £299 tickets everywhere except in corporate, it is unrealistic

Talk about being ungrateful......

When you say except in corporate, you must mean £299 a game in that part.

Not a chance there will be 5000 at £299. I would say less than half at that price.

I do say it is to look good on the BBC. The lads in the back of the club have done a good job again.

My point was more to do with my ticket looks like it is going to be priced between £450 and £599. If that is when the new stand is complete in 2015 and the first year it is £450 I will be very happy. I now pay £450, if in 2015 it is £599 then I will be pissed off.

Being grateful or ungrateful don't come into for me.
I'm sorry mate but there will easily be 5000 seats at the lower price
And whilst I begrudge paying the £715 I currently do its a damn site cheaper than I would pay for an equivalent seat in most of the other PL

We shall see.

Stuck in a rock and a hard place on this one. I know it is a great looking stadium, some possible cheap tickets but lets hope the rest don't rocket, that is my concern.

If you get 60k going each week the League up crowds will go up from 25k to 30k.

Fans are creatures of habit

mayo31 said:
We shall see.

Stuck in a rock and a hard place on this one. I know it is a great looking stadium, some possible cheap tickets but lets hope the rest don't rocket, that is my concern.
They are more likely to rocket if we don't increase the size

After all, if there is less supply and more demand the club could charge what they like.
I see the expansion as a positive step as it will suppress prices in the short to medium term as there will be more availability

Same bunch who moan about Jamie Oliver , moan about metrolink, moan about Dzeko,mian about the Spaniards ,moan about the price fish , moan moan fookin moan.

toffee balls said:
Same bunch who moan about Jamie Oliver , moan about metrolink, moan about Dzeko,mian about the Spaniards ,moan about the price fish , moan moan fookin moan.
Well I love the plans, I think my situation is one the club are trying to address. 25 years ago I bought my wife a season card, this was transferred to my eldest when she was pregnant with our youngest, when we moved to the new stadium,myself and the 2 lads then had season cards for 2 years until the eldest went to uni, became a steward and didn't renew. He now lives in York and attends 8-10 games a season my wife attends 1 or 2 , the youngest and I still have ours. If we could all sit together for £ 1200 I will take the 4. Great value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.