Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

richards30 said:
The negativity in this thread from some is not only ridiculous but also fucking frightening!! The expanded stadium looks the bollocks........the new campus will be the bollocks........nycfc will be the bollocks......all owned by Manchester city football club! We have players like yaya, kun, silva, jovetic, vinny etc in our ranks yet surprise surprise some on here still want everything for fuck all! The owner and board want to make money as well as success on the pitch as that's what a business should fucking do!!! The more we make the more we can spend on the best players in the world in the best facilities in the world!! Our season tickets are the cheapest in the league with the most expensive squad in the league with an enormous future ahead for our beloved blues! If so of you stopped smoking 100's off ciggies a week and saved the cash it's easily affordable! Why should the owner give everything away for free?? It's a bloody business as well and there are done spoilt wingeing bastards on this forum!
^^^ THIS
like.gif

DiscoSteve said:
richards30 said:
The negativity in this thread from some is not only ridiculous but also fucking frightening!! The expanded stadium looks the bollocks........the new campus will be the bollocks........nycfc will be the bollocks......all owned by Manchester city football club! We have players like yaya, kun, silva, jovetic, vinny etc in our ranks yet surprise surprise some on here still want everything for fuck all! The owner and board want to make money as well as success on the pitch as that's what a business should fucking do!!! The more we make the more we can spend on the best players in the world in the best facilities in the world!! Our season tickets are the cheapest in the league with the most expensive squad in the league with an enormous future ahead for our beloved blues! If so of you stopped smoking 100's off ciggies a week and saved the cash it's easily affordable! Why should the owner give everything away for free?? It's a bloody business as well and there are done spoilt wingeing bastards on this forum!
^^^ THIS
like.gif

Well said, that man.

penalty spot said:
DiscoSteve said:
richards30 said:
^^^ THIS
like.gif

Well said, that man.

agreed

Don't get me wrong
A season ticket in Bayern
Munich’s standing section at the Allianz Arena costs
just £104. Disabled fans, meanwhile, can watch their
team all season at the Allianz Arena for just £67.

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoenes said: ‘We could
charge more than £104. Let’s say we charged £300.
We’d get £2m more in income but what’s £2m to us?
‘In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for
five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300
is huge for the fan.

Can people stop propagating the myth that we have the cheapest season tickets in the league?

We don't. Of all our season tickets, only a tiny percentage of them are Value Gold. It allows City to point to being cheap to the wider public, and thus receive the plaudits that go with that.

In reality, most of us know they are a token gesture.

The rest of us have seen yearly rises in the region of 10% for around 5 years.

My season ticket in EL1 cost £715 this season. I travel away regularly so I have no alternative to buy into the bullshit Platinum scheme for the extra £50, in order to not lose my place in the queue for tickets with regards to loyalty points.

£715 is not cheap. That works out at £37 per game, you'd find it hard to argue that the price is extortionate given the side that we now have, but in respect of the cost of attending modern football in a wider sense, yes, it's expensive.

We live in a strange world when we're celebrating having to spend "only" £600 or £700 to buy a season ticket.

I appreciate that we're now a successful club, and modern football has gone this way, but I didn't start following City because I wanted success at any price. Clearly.

Would we still be applauding our prices if they continued to rise 10% annually over the next two years? So our average season ticket prices would be between £700 and £800, would that be value for money?

Our season tickets are now directly comparable to United's, who we once used to deride for the way they milked their supporters like cattle. They've had freezes to the price of their season tickets for the past two years. Their equivalent seats to Level One in the South Stand, in the Stretford End, are cheaper than ours.

That is the reality. We are not great value for money. Our season tickets are, by and large, more reasonably priced in comparison to our rivals, but should we really be applauding ourselves that we aren't expected to fork out £1k like many Arsenal fans?

In respect of our individual ticket prices, we are now among the most expensive in the league. £50 is fairly typical for us now, would this have been applauded or excused just two or three years ago?

I'm not afraid to be critical of the cost of attending matches at City now, the 'negativity' bat that anyone who raises this issue is cracked over the head with is due to patent insecurity. The idea that we can't be critical of price increases due to a fear of being seen as 'ungrateful' is really setting us up on a road to nowhere, and a hiding in the pocket.

The question you have to ask yourself is, "what price is a successful City worth"?

Would we all be happy if prices continued to rise, and we lost 5 - 10k of regular blues off the gate. To be replaced by new 'fans' with plenty of disposable income who only recently adopted City as their "BPL team"?

Would we be happy to see the whole demographics of our match going fanbase change, to something that would've been unrecognisable, even just 5 years ago?

What price are you willing to put on our success?

It states very clearly in the expansion details that price rises are to be expected for other areas of the ground by the time the new tiers have gone up.

The idea that the takeover would herald an expanded stadium and cheap tickets for all was always a pipe dream, and so now it proves.

I welcome the expansion of the South Stand, but at the current rate of yearly price increases, what hope would we have of filling it?

Are the club hoping that those that become priced out over the coming years return to take up places in the new expanded areas?

How many of the new seats will be the advertised £299? Will they be a token gesture like the Value Gold, a tiny proportion of the new stand, or are they a considerable proportion?

I apologise for the scepticism and 'negativity', but I think this is a topic we should all be reflecting on much more closely.

Falastur said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
And with this can't do attitude and the refusal to question anything did our game float off to be the sole entitlement of financially well off families!

You will no doubt be the same lot who are questioning empty seats in seasons to come whilst scratching around for solutions. You will also still be the same lot who will be harking on about the club never gets anything wrong then also!

He has a point, though. The law says that kids below the age of 16 aren't allowed to go to events like this unsupervised. To count as supervised, City would have to provide 1 steward for ever 5 or 6 kids there. That's just how the safeguarding laws work. Can you imagine a stand of 5,000 kids with 1,000 stewards? They'd have to reduce the capacity of the ground just to fit all the staff in. Not to mention that those stewards wouldn't be allowed home until all the kids had been collected. And then there's the parents to consider. I'm sure a fair portion of parents would be willing to let their kids go to the games unsupervised, but enough parents willing to fill a stand, or even a block, with kids? Parents by and large are scared of society now, they'll panic that their kids will be abducted (not entirely without risk) and you'd get maybe 100-200 kids in that section and no more.

There is no law to cover the age of attendance for any public spectacle. The only restriction on age would be based on the content of what is on show, e.g. Certification of feature films.

The fact is though that the club has decided 14 themselves. Newcastle have chosen 12 years of age.

With regard to chaperone groups of children on a 1 to 5 ratio, well once again that is simply a figure plucked from nowhere. I could as an adult by 20 childrens Seasoncards for the family stand as long as I bought one also.

Now I am, as much as the next City fan is, excited about this expansion, however it is my opinion that the club needed to look at offering the chance of access to football for children from less privileged backgrounds.

Clearly some of you seem less concerned.

shouldn't a "stadium expansion" thread contain debate about the stadium expansion plans rather than rants about ticket prices?

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Can people stop propagating the myth that we have the cheapest season tickets in the league?

We don't. Of all our season tickets, only a tiny percentage of them are Value Gold. It allows City to point to being cheap to the wider public, and thus receive the plaudits that go with that.

My season ticket in EL1 cost £715 this season. I travel away regularly so I have no alternative to buy into the bullshit Platinum scheme for the extra £50, in order to not lose my place in the queue for tickets with regards to loyalty points.

£715 is not cheap. That works out at £37 per game, you'd find it hard to argue that the price is extortionate given the side that we now have, but in respect of the cost of attending modern football in a wider sense, yes, it's expensive.

We live in a strange world when we're celebrating having to spend "only" £600 or £700 to buy a season ticket.

I appreciate that we're now a successful club, and modern football has gone this way, but I didn't start following City because I wanted success at any price. Clearly.

Would we still be applauding our prices if they continued to rise 10% annually over the next two years? So our average season ticket prices would be between £700 and £800, would that be value for money?

Our season tickets are now directly comparable to United's, who we once used to deride for the way they milked their supporters like cattle. They've had freezes to the price of their season tickets for the past two years. Their equivalent seats to Level One in the South Stand, in the Stretford End, are cheaper than ours.

That is the reality. We are not great value for money. Our season tickets are, by and large, more reasonably priced in comparison to our rivals, but should we really be applauding ourselves that we aren't expected to fork out £1k like many Arsenal fans?

In respect of our individual ticket prices, we are now among the most expensive in the league. £50 is fairly typical for us now, would this have been applauded or excused just two or three years ago?

I'm not afraid to be critical of the cost of attending matches at City now, the 'negativity' bat that anyone who raises this issue is cracked over the head with is due to patent insecurity. The idea that we can't be critical of price increases due to a fear of being seen as 'ungrateful' is really setting us up on a road to nowhere, and a hiding in the pocket.

The question you have to ask yourself is, "what price is a successful City worth"?

Would we all be happy if prices continued to rise, and we lost 5 - 10k of regular blues off the gate. To be replaced by new 'fans' with plenty of disposable income who only recently adopted City as their "BPL team"?

Would we be happy to see the whole demographics of our match going fanbase change, to something that would've been unrecognisable, even just 5 years ago?

It states very clearly in the expansion details that price rises are to be expected for other areas of the ground by the time the new tiers have gone up.

The idea that the takeover would herald an expanded stadium and cheap tickets for all was always a pipe dream, and so now it proves.

I welcome the expansion of the South Stand, but at the current rate of yearly price increases, what hope would we have of filling it?

Are the club hoping that those that become priced out over the coming years return to take up places in the new expanded areas?

How many of the new seats will be the advertised £299? Will they be a token gesture like the Value Gold, a tiny proportion of the new stand, or are they a considerable proportion?

I apologise for the scepticism and 'negativity', but I think this is a topic we should all be reflecting on much more closely.

And yet another fucking whinger !!

oakiecokie said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:

And yet another fucking whinger !!

And one who as usual quotes figures as being fact when they are quite clearly not. How many category A games are there that charge £50, 4/5? All my UTD fan friends pay at least £70 more for their equivalent seats, and I could go on and on and on. But in the end you were just spurious in the figures you quoted in order to justify the moan. As many have said, the club is a business sad but true. Anybody who believes the Club should wholesale reduce ticket prices to somewhere in the region of £10/15 match on a permanent basis and then reduce them annually truly is living in cloud cuckoo land. In the interests of proper debate if people are going to quote facts and figures can they actually do a little research first.

richards30 said:

Thanks Richards30, since City put there plans up for fans to view I have logged on to the expansion (confirmed) thread twice a day and the negativity shown by some posters is shocking. I hold a SC on level 2 in the East stand and hope to keep it yes the price will rise so I have started my own fighting fund next season I expect my fund to be in surplus this will be put to the following season .Before anyone tells me that I am a rich twat the facts are I am a 70 year old ex train driver who since finishing work at 63 has got myself a SC after a break of 20 years and am watching the best City team ever (and I had a ST in the 60s-70s-80s). So while I agree that some way must be found to get the 8 to 14 age group attending and it would be great if the singers could be all be in one section could not the fault finders who return time after time accept they have had there say and leave the thread to the "positive fans".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.