Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

squirtyflower said:
DiscoSteve said:
and Liverpools 60,000 at an expanded Anfield and West Ham's 59,000 at Stratford!

and should we get really giddy, if the sides are ever done to line up the roof all the way round then 80,000 is of course bigger than the swamp!
i don't think we should bother

let's hope the Sheik gives it all up and we can go back to Colchester, York, Macclesfield and Northampton, no reason to be moaning then and we can all be doffing our caps to United again
Hmmm....a choice of doffing our caps to Sheikh Mansour or united. It's a tricky one......

DiscoSteve said:
and Liverpools 60,000 at an expanded Anfield and West Ham's 59,000 at Stratford!

and should we get really giddy, if the sides are ever done to line up the roof all the way round then 80,000 is of course bigger than the swamp!
Last time I heard, WHU were down to 54k

gordondaviesmoustache said:
squirtyflower said:
DiscoSteve said:

let's hope the Sheik gives it all up and we can go back to Colchester, York, Macclesfield and Northampton, no reason to be moaning then and we can all be doffing our caps to United again
Hmmm....a choice of doffing our caps to Sheikh Mansour or united. It's a tricky one......
not for some on here it would seem

DiscoSteve said:

I think Fuck it, build the sides up as soon as possible after the ends have been done. Who cares if the top tier isn't sold a lot better for the time, big games would sell more than 61 thousand. Also think how many events you could attract with an 80000, concerts could sell this amount, rugby might be interested, what about a couple of nfl games at the Etihad instead of London. Champions League finals,etc.

squirtyflower said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
squirtyflower said:

not for some on here it would seem
I doff my cap to your perceptiveness.

We seem to have acquired extra big screens as per the OS pics. I reckon they should place the screens on the roof of each end therefore enabling the corners to be filled in and upping the capacity at little extra cost.

eg. My piss-poor mock up...

ground.png

JOGAMIGMOG said:
We seem to have acquired extra big screens as per the OS pics. I reckon they should place the screens on the roof of each end therefore enabling the corners to be filled in and upping the capacity at little extra cost.

eg. My piss-poor mock up...

ground.png
It's perfectly situated there, in order that the club could project a picture of the Sheikh onto it at various points in the course of the game, upon which everyone could then simultaneously doff their caps/beanie hats.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Can people stop propagating the myth that we have the cheapest season tickets in the league?

We don't. Of all our season tickets, only a tiny percentage of them are Value Gold. It allows City to point to being cheap to the wider public, and thus receive the plaudits that go with that.

In reality, most of us know they are a token gesture.

The rest of us have seen yearly rises in the region of 10% for around 5 years.

My season ticket in EL1 cost £715 this season. I travel away regularly so I have no alternative to buy into the bullshit Platinum scheme for the extra £50, in order to not lose my place in the queue for tickets with regards to loyalty points.

£715 is not cheap. That works out at £37 per game, you'd find it hard to argue that the price is extortionate given the side that we now have, but in respect of the cost of attending modern football in a wider sense, yes, it's expensive.

We live in a strange world when we're celebrating having to spend "only" £600 or £700 to buy a season ticket.

I appreciate that we're now a successful club, and modern football has gone this way, but I didn't start following City because I wanted success at any price. Clearly.

Would we still be applauding our prices if they continued to rise 10% annually over the next two years? So our average season ticket prices would be between £700 and £800, would that be value for money?

Our season tickets are now directly comparable to United's, who we once used to deride for the way they milked their supporters like cattle. They've had freezes to the price of their season tickets for the past two years. Their equivalent seats to Level One in the South Stand, in the Stretford End, are cheaper than ours.

That is the reality. We are not great value for money. Our season tickets are, by and large, more reasonably priced in comparison to our rivals, but should we really be applauding ourselves that we aren't expected to fork out £1k like many Arsenal fans?

In respect of our individual ticket prices, we are now among the most expensive in the league. £50 is fairly typical for us now, would this have been applauded or excused just two or three years ago?

I'm not afraid to be critical of the cost of attending matches at City now, the 'negativity' bat that anyone who raises this issue is cracked over the head with is due to patent insecurity. The idea that we can't be critical of price increases due to a fear of being seen as 'ungrateful' is really setting us up on a road to nowhere, and a hiding in the pocket.

The question you have to ask yourself is, "what price is a successful City worth"?

Would we all be happy if prices continued to rise, and we lost 5 - 10k of regular blues off the gate. To be replaced by new 'fans' with plenty of disposable income who only recently adopted City as their "BPL team"?

Would we be happy to see the whole demographics of our match going fanbase change, to something that would've been unrecognisable, even just 5 years ago?

What price are you willing to put on our success?

It states very clearly in the expansion details that price rises are to be expected for other areas of the ground by the time the new tiers have gone up.

The idea that the takeover would herald an expanded stadium and cheap tickets for all was always a pipe dream, and so now it proves.

I welcome the expansion of the South Stand, but at the current rate of yearly price increases, what hope would we have of filling it?

Are the club hoping that those that become priced out over the coming years return to take up places in the new expanded areas?

How many of the new seats will be the advertised £299? Will they be a token gesture like the Value Gold, a tiny proportion of the new stand, or are they a considerable proportion?

I apologise for the scepticism and 'negativity', but I think this is a topic we should all be reflecting on much more closely.

We have the cheapest season tickets available in the league.

Our most expensive season ticket is cheaper than 11 other clubs most expensive tickets (bet ours are one of the only padded ones as well).

For the most expensive match day ticket there are 6 clubs who charge more.

We have one of the top 3 clubs every season now (fingers crossed), our facilicities are on a par if not better than any other club and our food and drink also compare well.

Which ever way you slice it city do not rip fans off.

I'm I reading the email off City right? If I want some johnny come lately to sit with me in 2015 I can pay £100 now to guarentee a £299 season ticket.

Shouldn't existing season ticket holders be getting first choice on the cheap seats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.