Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Cheaper football is happening....about time

A 2013 BBC study of the costs of football found the average prices of the most expensive season ticket and highest and lowest match-day prices in the Premier League had fallen by up to 5.3%

Premiership clubs announcing reciprocal pricing agreements for away fans. eg Newcastle, Hull, Swansea

As the cheap tickets will be South and North level 3 and likely to be filled partly with level 2 fans who have been evicted I'm staying on level 1 hopefully standing and signing in between folding my arms....

The top tier has been pushed as a top atmos cauldron of noise. I can't see how that will happen as from what I've seen a big chunk of level 2 fans are not going to bounce about all game and go home with no voice.

This is not a dig at those fans just a thought of what it'll be like.

lancs blue said:
It's a shame for the existing S/T holders who don't want to move but in some respects it's not that different to what happened at Maine Rd when half the North stand S/T holders had to relocate to accommodate away fans after the new Platt Lane stand was built - Swales didn't do much to soften the blow other than offering us first dibs on seats in the bloody awful Umbro stand, at least the alternative seats should be of a better quality this time around. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out but I don't think the chances of them selling those seats should be written off so quickly, the owners have shown themselves to be a shrewd bunch so far.

This it how it was and how it will always be. Your season ticket doesn't mean you own the seat - you only rent it & the bottom line is that the club have the option to not to sell it to you if they choose. The club have the big picture and even bigger plans, they could forcibly relocate people which would create bad PR or they can increase prices to the point where people have no option but to relocate..........whatever, but they want CB2 & ES2 as corportate seats no matter what.

I fully understand the issue with rising ticket prices but don't really see the connection with the stadium expansion. It is only supply & demand & if the stadium capacity does not increase but our success means that more people want to attend, prices will only increase. If there are more seats to fill, you would expect that tickets would be priced to sell and therefore remain cheaper.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
JGL07 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I agree. I will be very happy paying £150 less than I am now for a seat in first 1-10 rows of that stand.

Anyone thinking they will get a £299 seat who isn't already a ST is kidding themselves.

City have opened a waiting list for Blue Members and Season Ticket holders. The extra £299 tickets will be allocated to those who register and pay the deposit in order of registration.

It makes far more sense for the £299 tickets to go to those who are not existing season ticket holders. You are the one who is kidding himself.

Read the booklet ( if you have been sent one) and small print at the back and see what you think. It's reads clear enough to me....

Anyone not wanting to stay in CB and ES level 2 will get first choice of relocated seats including in any new stand. Followed by existing ST holders who want to relocate.

Exactly what Danny Wilson told me as I had a good moan about splitting us up etc . My issue is we will have relocate behind the goal.

The "waiting list" is the gauge that City are using to see if the demand is there - as they will only extend the North Stand if they have the demand - The south stand is a given - the North stand is an option (but IMO it going to happen as it makes financial sense to build at the same time (reduced prelims & economies of scale etc) .

Again it is an interesting discussion, do the club offer cheaper tickets to non-season card holders who cannot afford the current prices - therefore increasing attendance - at the risk of upsetting current seasoncard holders who want cheaper tickets. Or do they go down the route they have whereby it seems no "average Joe" city fan will be able to afford a ticket anyway as all the cheaper seats are taken by existing seasoncard holders and only expensive seats are left. I am sure the demand for cheap tickets will be high that is a given, but how many people are they expecting to be willing to pay £600-£1100 for a season ticket? There are thousands of people who have been priced out of the game, this hasn't made things better for them.

supercity88 said:
Again it is an interesting discussion, do the club offer cheaper tickets to non-season card holders who cannot afford the current prices - therefore increasing attendance - at the risk of upsetting current seasoncard holders who want cheaper tickets. Or do they go down the route they have whereby it seems no "average Joe" city fan will be able to afford a ticket anyway as all the cheaper seats are taken by existing seasoncard holders and only expensive seats are left. I am sure the demand for cheap tickets will be high that is a given, but how many people are they expecting to be willing to pay £600-£1100 for a season ticket? There are thousands of people who have been priced out of the game, this hasn't made things better for them.

The flip side of that is those in the CB2 & ES2 are being priced out by the corporate proposal .......... so to give non-season ticket holders the first option on the cheaper seats would mean the existing long term season holders stopping going to the games to allow new season ticket holders to attend. Not really a fair option is it !

The club are in real danger of finding that all of the £299 seats are taken up by existing season ticket holders "downgrading" and the waiting list holders finding that their expected £300 cost is actually more than double that.....

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
supercity88 said:

The flip side of that is those in the CB2 & ES2 are being priced out by the corporate proposal .......... so to give non-season ticket holders the first option on the cheaper seats would mean the existing long term season holders stopping going to the games to allow new season ticket holders to attend. Not really a fair option is it !

Exactly, someone always seems to lose out. In the grand scheme of things as people have mentioned, gaining a few hundred quid here and there is peanuts in relation to overall revenue (as Bayern acknowledge). In my opinion it would be better to get as much money from hospitality as possible, but not to increase level 2 hospitality to the point that ordinary blues have to pay huge increases or move. These will not sell. Fulham, Hull, Newcastle, West Ham, are there going to be that many people wanting to pay huge prices when the majority of games are not particularly appealing from a marketing perspective. The big games fair enough. City have so far seemed to take the view, we would rather 40,000 paying a high amount than 48,000 paying cheaper prices - the Champions League for instance, which has been organised very poorly in terms of tickets and prices.

There needed to be a balance whereby existing season ticket holders had the opportunity to move to cheaper seats. Hospitality was increased (but not on such a huge level) and existing season ticket holders are offered a freeze for a couple of years at the prices they pay - so that people can stay in seats they are currently in but know that in a couple of years the price they will pay has to increase.

That then leaves seats at a variety of prices available to non seasoncard holders.

The way things have been done means that the remaining season card seats that go to general sale will be scattered about but largely will be in the most expensive parts of the ground. So those that cannot afford to go now still wont be able to. I really dont understand why it has been done this way. Surely the idea would be to expand and provide cheaper seats. I think everyone knows that we will not increase attendance without increasing affordability. Yet the club have taken a completely different view.

The away end/stand on the OS shows 3 shades.

The left shade is the PL away allocation of 3000 fans.
The middle shade is the additional FA Cup and CoC away allocation of 6000.(9000 away fans in total in cup competitions)
The right shade is home fans.

The away end/stand on the OS shows 3 shades.

The left shade is the PL away allocation of 3000 fans.
The middle shade is the additional FA Cup and CoC away allocation of 6000.(9000 away fans in total in cup competitions)
The right shade is home fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.