Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

mostonbluemark said:
jockblue said:
The club are in real danger of finding that all of the £299 seats are taken up by existing season ticket holders "downgrading" and the waiting list holders finding that their expected £300 cost is actually more than double that.....

I think your wrong jock. I don't think there is anyway the Club will release all the £299 to existing season ticket holders. My best educated guess is they will put a limit on them as they do with Value Gold. They will then offer up the rest to those on the waiting list. Existing season ticket holders will then have a choice to make as to whether they relocate to a cheaper area eg 450-599 etc. Just my opinion.

It will be a fucking disgrace if that is the case.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueyorkie said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Had previously bought into the rhetoric I was hearing about giving football back to the people, cheaper ticketing across the board.

For me, the sooner you can reconcile that our owner and excellent chairman are not infallible, the better place you will find yourself in?

Of course they make bad decisions, they will also employ people who make bad decisions - they have enough money to throw at a problem to repackage even the dodgiest of sales pitches.

I refused to go to either of the Wembley FA semi-finals, because I wholeheartedly believe it is a scam, to reduce the FA debt mountain, in addition to no consideration for the geographical location of its participants.

City are certainly not the club I started following 35 years ago, and mostly it is for the better. I thank Shiekh Mansour and Khaldoon from the bottom of my heart for waking the sleeping giant I was always told my club was.

Sadly, the more I am being told that the club is moving closer to its fans, the further away I feel. Perhaps it's a generational thing, and like all in life's cycles, the baton is readily being picked up by those with more disposable income, time and no children.

I am lucky that I can afford, and choose to, 'presently', my £700 x2 a year - but it's not really that is it? When we add on Champs League and the cup games, I'm easily paying closer to £2000 a year.

Sure, I could stay at home, but I don't want to. I want to see the team I love.

My little boy is six and I dream of him coming with me every week when his attention span finally allows for it, and the toilet breaks are less frequent!

And that's the kick in the bollocks.

Because City know they have got you hanging by those very same bollocks.

The same City who don't seem to think anything of charging their bedrock £6 quid for a burger or a pie.

Like my old man, I will one day be priced out (I'm also paying for his season card this year), and I will be sat nursing my pint watching it on the box, boasting about our trophies, our world class playing squad and a stadium which looks shit-hot from a SkySport Blimp.

Goodness knows how those less well-off must feel about their continued 'participation' in something which has been ever-present in the lives.

Surely fear now overrides the sadness?

Whilst understanding what you are saying, I have a good mate who thinks much the same as you do, there is another aspect to it. It's true that some of the prices are rising, I know as I'm in the area most affected, there are alternatives and to be fair we have had a cheap deal for a long time. They have also played fair with Junior tickets and concessions. It's not all price rises, I think they are trying to cater for all tastes and budgets.
It would be unrealistic for City not to develop the prime seats and offer a premium package given the need to comply with FFP, particularly when we lag behind on match day income. If you go to a theatre to watch a top class show then you will pay at least as much, if not more for your ticket as at City.

Granted, but who feels compelled to pay to attend the theatre more than a couple times a month?

Or, if you are a complete philistine like my good self, once a year in his smoking jacket to watch Les Mis!

Football is a completely different demographic from theatre-goers, if you will excuse me the sweeping generalisation.

The cost of living is such that although watching City has been relatively cheap, in comparison to the likes of United and Arsenal down the years, wages have and will not keep apace with the inflation football now seems to have set in stone.

Loyalty should not be conditional on success. Just as having better facilities and players should not come with 'strings', as the German clubs would seem to have found the right balance.
The thing is; i posted on this thread earlier in the week saying that there are tickets to ALL shows at the Palace at £22-22.50. Even at West End shows there are tickets at £27 and Broadway the equivalent of £30.

moomba said:
mostonbluemark said:
jockblue said:
The club are in real danger of finding that all of the £299 seats are taken up by existing season ticket holders "downgrading" and the waiting list holders finding that their expected £300 cost is actually more than double that.....

I think your wrong jock. I don't think there is anyway the Club will release all the £299 to existing season ticket holders. My best educated guess is they will put a limit on them as they do with Value Gold. They will then offer up the rest to those on the waiting list. Existing season ticket holders will then have a choice to make as to whether they relocate to a cheaper area eg 450-599 etc. Just my opinion.

Most of those relocating will be from level 2 Colin Bell and East stand. they are already in the most expensive seats. I don't see why people are assuming they will choose to relocate to the cheapest seats. Surely it is more likely they will go for the best seats they can afford which will be in the £600 - £750 range.

TGR said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Had previously bought into the rhetoric I was hearing about giving football back to the people, cheaper ticketing across the board.

For me, the sooner you can reconcile that our owner and excellent chairman are not infallible, the better place you will find yourself in?

Of course they make bad decisions, they will also employ people who make bad decisions - they have enough money to throw at a problem to repackage even the dodgiest of sales pitches.

I refused to go to either of the Wembley FA semi-finals, because I wholeheartedly believe it is a scam, to reduce the FA debt mountain, in addition to no consideration for the geographical location of its participants.

City are certainly not the club I started following 35 years ago, and mostly it is for the better. I thank Shiekh Mansour and Khaldoon from the bottom of my heart for waking the sleeping giant I was always told my club was.

Sadly, the more I am being told that the club is moving closer to its fans, the further away I feel. Perhaps it's a generational thing, and like all in life's cycles, the baton is readily being picked up by those with more disposable income, time and no children.

I am lucky that I can afford, and choose to, 'presently', my £700 x2 a year - but it's not really that is it? When we add on Champs League and the cup games, I'm easily paying closer to £2000 a year.

Sure, I could stay at home, but I don't want to. I want to see the team I love.

My little boy is six and I dream of him coming with me every week when his attention span finally allows for it, and the toilet breaks are less frequent!

And that's the kick in the bollocks.

Because City know they have got you hanging by those very same bollocks.

The same City who don't seem to think anything of charging their bedrock £6 quid for a burger or a pie.

Like my old man, I will one day be priced out (I'm also paying for his season card this year), and I will be sat nursing my pint watching it on the box, boasting about our trophies, our world class playing squad and a stadium which looks shit-hot from a SkySport Blimp.

Goodness knows how those less well-off must feel about their continued 'participation' in something which has been ever-present in the lives.

Surely fear now overrides the sadness?

Great post tolmie.
And it sums up the hopes and fears of a lot City fans these days.

Indeed it does. Along with me, my lads have also been season ticket holders from a very early age for which I obviously have to pay for. It is getting to the point where financially something is going to give. City and going to the match has been a constant throughout my life and I assumed that I'd be attending virtually every home game (and plenty of aways) until the day I died. I may well succeed in that. However, the last couple of close seasons have had me worrying how I'm going afford and finance the forthcoming season's season tickets. I was actually praying before the League Cup draw that we were drawn away so that I didn't have to lay out for our tickets and it really shouldn't have to be that way. We have a decent and steady household income and can only reiterate Tolmie's point of how those less-well off manage.

blueparrot said:
moomba said:
mostonbluemark said:

Most of those relocating will be from level 2 Colin Bell and East stand. they are already in the most expensive seats. I don't see why people are assuming they will choose to relocate to the cheapest seats. Surely it is more likely they will go for the best seats they can afford which will be in the £600 - £750 range.

That may be the case but if there was a cap on how many could get any tickets before they were offered to new supporters it eould be a disgrace.

For me, I simply wont pay £600-750 to sit on the 1st or 3rd tiers. Do its either the £300 or I'm out.

Caveman said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueyorkie said:
Whilst understanding what you are saying, I have a good mate who thinks much the same as you do, there is another aspect to it. It's true that some of the prices are rising, I know as I'm in the area most affected, there are alternatives and to be fair we have had a cheap deal for a long time. They have also played fair with Junior tickets and concessions. It's not all price rises, I think they are trying to cater for all tastes and budgets.
It would be unrealistic for City not to develop the prime seats and offer a premium package given the need to comply with FFP, particularly when we lag behind on match day income. If you go to a theatre to watch a top class show then you will pay at least as much, if not more for your ticket as at City.

Granted, but who feels compelled to pay to attend the theatre more than a couple times a month?

Or, if you are a complete philistine like my good self, once a year in his smoking jacket to watch Les Mis!

Football is a completely different demographic from theatre-goers, if you will excuse me the sweeping generalisation.

The cost of living is such that although watching City has been relatively cheap, in comparison to the likes of United and Arsenal down the years, wages have and will not keep apace with the inflation football now seems to have set in stone.

Loyalty should not be conditional on success. Just as having better facilities and players should not come with 'strings', as the German clubs would seem to have found the right balance.
The thing is; i posted on this thread earlier in the week saying that there are tickets to ALL shows at the Palace at £22-22.50. Even at West End shows there are tickets at £27 and Broadway the equivalent of £30.

You've actually hit upon a decent analogy for me...going to City these days, does feel like just going to the theatre.

You sit there beforehand, the whole footballing experience of the Premier League is sanitised to the point of tedium. It's clearly impacted the atmosphere.

These new stadia, all cathedral like, you can hear the reverential hushed tones right up to kick-off, until the band strikes up and we expect Spanish Dave to conduct a perfect symphony.

And if we do hit a bum note, there's always a PR 'Ciddy' wanker on the mic who wants to remind us all how lucky we are to be part of such an enthralling and unique experience.

I might be alright Jack, but I kinda like sitting next to Jack, week in, week out, sharing our passion for City, irrespective of how deep his pockets might be.

#Be A Part of It - but only if you have the means it would now seem?

Wonder what the figure the club require before they decide to build both ends at the same time,I reckon 8 k possibly on the waiting list...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.