Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Who do the club think is willing to pay £1150 and over for a season ticket?

The demand isn't there.

The South Stand will be extended, and will just end up being filled by people who were priced out of Level 2.

There will be swathes of empty seats in the new 'mini corporate' areas.

It'll be worse than when the North Stand was converted to be wholly a family stand. The demand wasn't there, loads of seats went unsold in the first season, until they eventually reclaimed a block of each corner of the North Stand and began calling them East and West blocks respectively.

Even now the family stand still has more empty seats than anywhere else in the stadium.

This move is a disaster by the club. Really quite outrageous in fact, the usual suspects will still do their best to justify it however.

I'd appreciate it if any responses would refrain from the previous personal attacks too.

Please try and spare me the self sustaining nonsense too. There are a million and one ways to work towards that, bleeding the fans who propped up this club in its darkest days shouldn't be one of them.

Another pertinent point, Sheikh Mansour will never see a return on his investment into the club. He knows this, we all know it. So what are the motivations behind this?

IMO, this is corporate greed, and nothing more - the type of which we used to mock United for. The type of which has seen thousands of Chelsea fans priced out of attending games at Stamford Bridge and has seen their match day crowds lose all resemblance to the Chelsea of old. It's the corporate greed which limits us to an allocation of 24 thousand tickets in a stadium which holds 90 thousand, whenever we make it to an FA Cup final.

Lets not gloss over this, pretend it's something it isn't.

German clubs have shown that this isn't necessary to be a successful club. Bayern won the treble last year, their revenue puts them in the top 5 of all the world's clubs. Their season tickets are cheaper than most Championship clubs.

It's time to face facts, in the UK, match going fans are cash cows. And until we get vocal about this issue, the worse it will continue to get.

Do you think the club have done this on a whim, they have spent a lot of money on deciding whether it's viable to spend a hell of of a lot more money on expanding the stadium and developing the area. You may not like it but the research will have shown the demand is there.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Who do the club think is willing to pay £1150 and over for a season ticket?

The demand isn't there.

The South Stand will be extended, and will just end up being filled by people who were priced out of Level 2.

There will be swathes of empty seats in the new 'mini corporate' areas.

It'll be worse than when the North Stand was converted to be wholly a family stand. The demand wasn't there, loads of seats went unsold in the first season, until they eventually reclaimed a block of each corner of the North Stand and began calling them East and West blocks respectively.

Even now the family stand still has more empty seats than anywhere else in the stadium.

This move is a disaster by the club. Really quite outrageous in fact, the usual suspects will still do their best to justify it however.

I'd appreciate it if any responses would refrain from the previous personal attacks too.

Please try and spare me the self sustaining nonsense too. There are a million and one ways to work towards that, bleeding the fans who propped up this club in its darkest days shouldn't be one of them.

Another pertinent point, Sheikh Mansour will never see a return on his investment into the club. He knows this, we all know it. So what are the motivations behind this?

IMO, this is corporate greed, and nothing more - the type of which we used to mock United for. The type of which has seen thousands of Chelsea fans priced out of attending games at Stamford Bridge and has seen their match day crowds lose all resemblance to the Chelsea of old. It's the corporate greed which limits us to an allocation of 24 thousand tickets in a stadium which holds 90 thousand, whenever we make it to an FA Cup final.

Lets not gloss over this, pretend it's something it isn't.

German clubs have shown that this isn't necessary to be a successful club. Bayern won the treble last year, their revenue puts them in the top 5 of all the world's clubs. Their season tickets are cheaper than most Championship clubs.

It's time to face facts, in the UK, match going fans are cash cows. And until we get vocal about this issue, the worse it will continue to get.

And you know that as being factual do you ???
As for Sheikh Mansour not getting the value of "his Club" back,why do you think he bought us in the first place ?

de niro said:
88lu.jpg

There is little point in using pictures of a training ground where millionaire footballers will train and most of us will never witness, nor a picture of a redeveloped stadium that some will no longer be able to afford to enter to appease those who are about to suffer that loss.

A bit like saying 'let's have a look at what you could have won' to somebody who couldn't afford to continue paying into a Jackpot winning Lottery Syndicate.

TGR said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Marvin said:
There are over 13k seats in the new tiers priced at £299 to £449 and £450 to £599

In truth City are adopting a two-prong approach of expanding the Corporate Seats and expanding seating for the traditional fan. As long as there's cheap seating available for the mass of fans, I don't see a big problem.

Whether they can find a market for the Corporate and Wealthy supporter in Manchester we'll have to see.

Who gets first choice of these seats? I haven't been given an option to register for seats in this new stand. Maybe that will come but so far nothing.

As for finding takers for the seats it depends on success.... We therefore have to be successful or the newcomers may well move on to the next success and the loyal ones who have been moved/priced out etc may just think "do you know what.... fuck it I've got used to not going"

I was surrounded by dickheads taking pictures with their half/half scarves against Bayern. Every regular near me didn't go because they simply couldn't afford it. I will be amazed if more than 20% of ST in those areas stay so that's a lot of corporate seats to fill.

And that's the gamble the club has now taken; that they can fill the stadium with corporates and day trippers at seriously expensive prices. The only way to do this is to rack up a serious trophy count each season over a sustained period of years. If the club / team fail to do this then they will leave themselves between a rock and hard place.
As we all know going to the match is extremely habit forming - however so is not going and without trophies on a regular basis the corporates and day trippers will be nowhere to be seen.

At least confirmed by another poster that first crack at the new seats will be given to level 2 movers.....

I think first 10-15 rows of that stand will be taken up by them then.....

MaineRoadBlue said:
de niro said:

There is little point in using pictures of a training ground where millionaire footballers will train and most of us will never witness, nor a picture of a redeveloped stadium that some will no longer be able to afford to enter to appease those who are about to suffer that loss.

A bit like saying 'let's have a look at what you could have won' to somebody who couldn't afford to continue paying into a Jackpot winning Lottery Syndicate.
£299

Marvin said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
de niro said:

£299

For some yes, for most no.

Year on year increases for all, Oh Yes.

Nice Training Ground mind!

TGR said:
Who gets first choice of these seats? I haven't been given an option to register for seats in this new stand. Maybe that will come but so far nothing.

As for finding takers for the seats it depends on success.... We therefore have to be successful or the newcomers may well move on to the next success and the loyal ones who have been moved/priced out etc may just think "do you know what.... fuck it I've got used to not going"

I was surrounded by dickheads taking pictures with their half/half scarves against Bayern. Every regular near me didn't go because they simply couldn't afford it. I will be amazed if more than 20% of ST in those areas stay so that's a lot of corporate seats to fill.

And that's the gamble the club has now taken; that they can fill the stadium with corporates and day trippers at seriously expensive prices. The only way to do this is to rack up a serious trophy count each season over a sustained period of years. If the club / team fail to do this then they will leave themselves between a rock and hard place.
As we all know going to the match is extremely habit forming - however so is not going and without trophies on a regular basis the corporates and day trippers will be nowhere to be seen.

At least confirmed by another poster that first crack at the new seats will be given to level 2 movers.....

I think first 10-15 rows of that stand will be taken up by them then.....

If you can get a seat in the first three rows of the new L3 at a far cheaper price than you currently pay (and you have every chance) then the club may have done you a big favour.

It's always sad to move seat but it's not the end of the world.

In order to make more money the club are upping the price of the more expensive seats. Doing this will allow the club to charge cheaper prices in other areas and there's nothing stopping the people who find the new price too expensive from moving to the new cheaper areas.

We can't afford to stand still if we want to be one of the worlds great clubs. The downside to anything like this project is that we were always going to have to pay more if we were to watch the best players.

With regards the £1150+ seats in level 2 I would be very interested to know what the club's research has shown them.
Do they expect the current occupiers to happily pay extra?
Do they expect the current occupiers to begrudgingly pay extra?
Do they expect the vast majority to move? If so they must be very confident that the demand is there somewhere to fill those seats. Do the club expect a backlash that will surely come from those forced into moving?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.