Stadium Expansion email

chesterguy said:
I didnt hear much sympathy from people from other parts of the stadium when the north stand was reallocated the family stand and people had to relocate

At the time I was told the club needed to do what it needed to do and I just had to put up with it and I would still be able to have a seat so yeah the stadium is full of "Im alright Jack" types but listen to those same people moan when changes affect them
Unless you can prove they were the same people, your point is null and void.

Its in The Blood said:
Ok, why don't we just put the price of season tickets up by £50 per person(£1.8m extra on 36k season tickets). Do away with the £299 season ticket. Get full paying customers in there seats.(500 at £299 increased to £550 means another £125,500)
Or just make every season ticket £780 like mine and everyone pays the same for the same football match!!!

-- Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:23 am --

Scrap the family stand, make parents pay full price for the kid. It sits in a seat we can sell at a higher rate also.

sort of agree with the sentient but a more practical approach in my view as I hate subsidising other people's sproglets would be to charge kids a higher proportion as they get older

so if the idea is you encourage kids to the ground so they will stay as life long fans then@ 5 yrs 10% of cost 8 yrs 20% 10 years 30% increasing up to 18 so that parents and yoof can plan in advance knowing they will have to make choices about what they spend their money on

Thats way when a young person gets to 18 they know they will have to pay full price but would have had 15 years notice much fairer way to share the costs and deals with the for me, the annoying issue of subsidies to both rich and poor parents, who benefit already by getting tax breaks and family allowance type payments.

+ if as I am sure you do and I do have to earn our money they might be less cavalier about wasting a seat valued at £700 by not turning up if there was a financial loss as result of non attendance

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
SWP's back said:
There seems to be a lot of "I'm all right Jack's so fuck you and stop moaning" posts on this thread .......
No, there is a lot of moaning and saying people will be priced out when that is not the case. They may just have to move.

-- Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 am --

Again - just out of interest Marvin - where do you sit ?
So City shouldn't expand and move forward as it affects you.

Seems you are happy to be "I'm alright Jack" when it suits (at present for example)

Just out if interest - where do you sit SWP ?
I'll be moving into the new corporate so I can stick it through the company books in all probability.

:)

But as I say, you are against this as it affects your lovely view. You are the very definition of a NIMBY.

Skashion said:
chesterguy said:
I didnt hear much sympathy from people from other parts of the stadium when the north stand was reallocated the family stand and people had to relocate

At the time I was told the club needed to do what it needed to do and I just had to put up with it and I would still be able to have a seat so yeah the stadium is full of "Im alright Jack" types but listen to those same people moan when changes affect them
Unless you can prove they were the same people, your point is null and void.

No its not I didnt mention any specific people but there were many who not affected by change tell those that are to deal with it that is just a fact of life

johnbmcr said:
Its in The Blood said:
Ok, why don't we just put the price of season tickets up by £50 per person(£1.8m extra on 36k season tickets). Do away with the £299 season ticket. Get full paying customers in there seats.(500 at £299 increased to £550 means another £125,500)
Or just make every season ticket £780 like mine and everyone pays the same for the same football match!!!

Scrap the family stand, make parents pay full price for the kid. It sits in a seat we can sell at a higher rate also.

sort of agree with the sentient but a more practical approach in my view as I hate subsidising other people's sproglets would be to charge kids a higher proportion as they get older

so if the idea is you encourage kids to the ground so they will stay as life long fans then@ 5 yrs 10% of cost 8 yrs 20% 10 years 30% increasing up to 18 so that parents and yoof can plan in advance knowing they will have to make choices about what they spend their money on

Thats way when a young person gets to 18 they know they will have to pay full price but would have had 15 years notice much fairer way to share the costs and deals with the for me, the annoying issue of subsidies to both rich and poor parents, who benefit already by getting tax breaks and family allowance type payments.

+ if as I am sure you do and I do have to earn our money they might be less cavalier about wasting a seat valued at £700 by not turning up if there was a financial loss as result of non attendance

Think we should bring in fines for no shows also.

To the north stand mover at Maine Road. I have been moved many times by development at that ground. I actually ended up sitting in all four stands.

People are just never happy whatever the improvements .people moaned when the Platt lane & Kippax were modernised but then learnt to love there new surroundings & the people they were sat next to .people moaned & still do about moving to Eastlands .Why dont you look at the bigger picture instead of moaning about moveing seats (it is not the end of the world) You never no you might like your new seat better

SWP's back said:
But as I say, you are against this as it affects your lovely view. You are the very definition of a NIMBY.

At what point did I say I was against it SWP ?

and name calling is not very becoming for a corporate prawn sandwich eater is it ?
I was only pulling your leg about moving there.

A "not in my back yard-er" is not really name calling though is it.

If City want to make more from corporate (which is where we fall down hugely against the likes of Pool, Arse, Chelsea and United) then the unfortunate thing is that some people will have to move. At least City are doing that in conjunction with an expansion so no one is effectively priced out of watching City live.

If they weren't expanding and expecting fans to stump up more for their current view then I would be against it.

Its in The Blood said:
johnbmcr said:
Its in The Blood said:

Think we should bring in fines for no shows also.

To the north stand mover at Maine Road. I have been moved many times by development at that ground. I actually ended up sitting in all four stands.

have you got a really big arse?

Well the new plan looks interesting. What about those in 3 tier that might have to move for way fans to go up there?? One of questions in survey was this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.