Stadium Expansion email

Look at some of the images of the Etihad Stadium and Campus from the air and think about what the stadium and training ground complex will look like in 2 years time.

City are the fastest growing club in the world - and it will stay that way providing we can keep a winning team on the pitch.

It's great to be part of this, whether you have to move seat in an expanded stadium or not. I'd rather sit in a 60,000 stadium behind the goal than on the halfway line of 48,000

The only concern is the pricing. As long as the regular fans who have supported the club all the time can continue to do so, then it's all good

Marvin said:
Look at some of the images of the Etihad Stadium and Campus from the air and think about what the stadium and training ground complex will look like in 2 years time.

City are the fastest growing club in the world - and it will stay that way providing we can keep a winning team on the pitch.

It's great to be part of this, whether you have to move seat in an expanded stadium or not. I'd rather sit in a 60,000 stadium behind the goal than on the halfway line of 48,000

The only concern is the pricing. As long as the regular fans who have supported the club all the time can continue to do so, then it's all good

Again - just out of interest Marvin - where do you sit ?

The Ox said:
pirate said:
The Ox said:
Really ? Sometimes it looks like we struggle to sell out 10 blocks of corporate level 2 taking into account how many empty seats there are. Obviously the biggest games defo do but only because they are the only available seats and it's a good way of a BlueCard holder jumping the queue. Personally I can never see a point in our future when 20% of our attendance will be corporate £100 and odd pound a ticket being sold week in week out.

then you lack vision.

it will take at least a decade to get there but we will get there. build it now so its ready when we need it
It's not that I lack vision, I can definitely see an additional 12,000 seats being taken up and used, but the strap line £299 Seasoncards tells it's own story IMO.
Some moaning fuckers on here complain if the price of a pint goes up by 20p in City Square so yeah I think 12,000 corporate seats are not on the agenda for a working class club.
Agree to disagree :)

I have to laugh at the people who have bought into this corporate Wonderland nonsense. Whether it is 2,400 corporate seats or 12,000 that is an awful lot of JCLs further damaging the atmosphere in the ground. We could soon be know as the Northern library - a second rate Arsenal.

I support the expanding the ground by 6k as hopefully a stepping stone to a 60k stadium packed with Blues, however the plans won't deliver this. I think we will see a lot of empty corporate seats.

I am in East Stand Level 2 and I have a vested interest. That said, we know that City Circles and Forever Blue have been received poorly. We also know that the Club's attempts to multiply the corporates has hardly been a roaring success.

If the Club is serious about organic growth and focussing on the fans then let's see plans to deliver this - rather than a misguided corporate Wonderland.

Every single premiership club has to do anything they can to increase revenue, the EPL & UEFA have made it impossible for a club with so called fair play rules.

Yes some fans will have to move, yes prices will go up, but remember we have a club that has kept it's fans in the loop every step of the way... Something you hear other clubs doing.

If you want to get angry over this proposed expansion, direct it at the EPL & UEFA and not the club who are trying to do everything possible to bring us fans the best team in the world on & off the field.

Ok, why don't we just put the price of season tickets up by £50 per person(£1.8m extra on 36k season tickets). Do away with the £299 season ticket. Get full paying customers in there seats.(500 at £299 increased to £550 means another £125,500)
Or just make every season ticket £780 like mine and everyone pays the same for the same football match!!!<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:23 am --<br /><br />Scrap the family stand, make parents pay full price for the kid. It sits in a seat we can sell at a higher rate also.

Preston Blue1970 said:
Every single premiership club has to do anything they can to increase revenue, the EPL & UEFA have made it impossible for a club with so called fair play rules.

Yes some fans will have to move, yes prices will go up, but remember we have a club that has kept it's fans in the loop every step of the way... Something you hear other clubs doing.

If you want to get angry over this proposed expansion, direct it at the EPL & UEFA and not the club who are trying to do everything possible to bring us fans the best team in the world on & off the field.

I agree PB 1970 that all clubs are looking to increase revenue. However, even the Rags do this in ways that are expected to work.

If season ticket prices increase at their current rates then many fans in Level 2 will already be paying £1,000 plus by 2015/16. Where are the reported 5k of corporates going to come from who I guess would need to pay around £2k per season ticket (given £1,000 isn't enough for the club a d the cost of building new bars and restataunts etc in Level 2)?

All the top Prem clubs are making big increases in revenue from TV and commercial sponsorship so do we need to fleece the fans. We can be very confident that that the club won't be able to magic up 5k of corporate JCLs so many true fans will end up footing the bill.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
There seems to be a lot of "I'm all right Jack's so fuck you and stop moaning" posts on this thread .......
No, there is a lot of moaning and saying people will be priced out when that is not the case. They may just have to move.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:

So City shouldn't expand and move forward as it affects you.

Seems you are happy to be "I'm alright Jack" when it suits (at present for example)

SWP's back said:
There seems to be a lot of "I'm all right Jack's so fuck you and stop moaning" posts on this thread .......
No, there is a lot of moaning and saying people will be priced out when that is not the case. They may just have to move.

-- Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 am --

Marvin said:

So City shouldn't expand and move forward as it affects you.

Seems you are happy to be "I'm alright Jack" when it suits (at present for example)

Just out if interest - where do you sit SWP ?

I didnt hear much sympathy from people from other parts of the stadium when the north stand was reallocated the family stand and people had to relocate

At the time I was told the club needed to do what it needed to do and I just had to put up with it and I would still be able to have a seat so yeah the stadium is full of "Im alright Jack" types but listen to those same people moan when changes affect them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.