Stadium expansion

MCFC-alan88 said:
This may sound a little odd and completely wrong, but when we first took the stadium over after the commonwealth game the pitch was dug down and the bottom tier is now where the running track was, could we do the same again?

Think about that one - if we did the same again we'd end up with a five a side pitch 40 feet below ground!

if the prices were the same as the south stand throughout the ground they would all be sold by now,there is not many left in the lower stands just a few here and there,i would think the remaining east and west tops will sell over the next 2 weeks

lancs blue said:
Robbo. said:
Yes there is room for around 10K seats if that did happen and the fans would be in touching distance from the players, bring back the good old days!

This was discussed on here not long ago, I'm sure we're too near the water table to allow further excavation.

a site can easily be dewatered with secant piles and ground pumps

I heard that we could increase the number of seats by 5-10k just by reconfiguring the seats. At the moment, there is a bar or gap between seats. I've heard that if we adopt the same size seats as the rags (which don't have much room), we could add a lot of seats without any structural work.

Not much fun if you sit next to a fatty though!

jitsubluedan said:
As we don't actually own the stadium then why would we pay to expand its capacity?

The whole 'we don't own the stadium' thing is irrelevant. We were granted a 250 year lease on the place, and the building isn't designed to stand for 250 years. It's basically ours.

nmc said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
This may sound a little odd and completely wrong, but when we first took the stadium over after the commonwealth game the pitch was dug down and the bottom tier is now where the running track was, could we do the same again?

Think about that one - if we did the same again we'd end up with a five a side pitch 40 feet below ground!
pmsl! the world's richest five a side team

Monkey Boy Blue said:
jitsubluedan said:
As we don't actually own the stadium then why would we pay to expand its capacity?

The whole 'we don't own the stadium' thing is irrelevant. We were granted a 250 year lease on the place, and the building isn't designed to stand for 250 years. It's basically ours.

Rubbish, it will be like the coliseum in Rome and an eternal monument to our impending success from now unto eternity!!!

CHESTER said:
I don't think the capacity would be 75,000. When the stadium was designed it was designed so that if the need should arise then the capacity could be increased. This would be done by adding a third tier on the north and south stands. So this would probably only increase tha capacity to 60,000-65,000.

Ideally the stadium could be made bigger than the Theatre of Debt. I know this sounds a bit Rag obsessed but it just really winds me up on Derby Day when the attendance is announced and those Rag Tw@ts cheer.

Just a thought but we could lower the pitch another 10/20 feet and that would create around another 4 rows all around the stadium. Imagine that would be a fair few seats on the total. We have a large gap between the pitch and first row of seats. Like I say just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.