Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

Re: Stadium Naming Rights.

LoveCity said:
Mirror says £150m, the biggest in English football history.
Over 15 years. That's well below swissramble's prediction of £15m per year. If true there should be no problem passing the arm's length test.

neil jung said:
LoveCity said:
Mirror says £150m, the biggest in English football history.
Over 15 years. That's well below swissramble's prediction of £15m per year. If true there should be no problem passing the arm's length test.

heres a link.... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-sell-stadium-name-for-record-150million-to-Etihad-Airways-from-next-season-article762169.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... um=twitter</a>

The Etihad Eastlands Arena? I think Eastlands will be incorporated in there somehow.

Independent says:

Manchester City will today make a big stride towards their goal of driving down losses to fall within Uefa's financial fair play rules by announcing a stadium naming rights deal with Etihad Airways believed to be worth between £10m and £15m a year.

Stadium Naming Rights.

Why don't they give us 100 year sponsorship deal of 10m a year thats reasonable stick the billion in the bank and use the interest for players

WNRH said:
The Etihad Eastlands Arena? I think Eastlands will be incorporated in there somehow.

Well if you believe that Mirror story (which I am not entirely saying I do) the name is "Etihad Airways Stadium"

-- Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 am --

waspish said:
Why don't they give us 100 year sponsorship deal of 10m a year thats reasonable stick the billion in the bank and use the interest for players

Because in 10-15 years time that sponsorship would be lagging behind most other major clubs, so God help us how far behind we'd be in the year 2111, when we wouldn't even have received a single penny of sponsorship in 100 years? And because Etihad don't have a billion to pay up-front?

Falastur said:
WNRH said:

Well if you believe that Mirror story (which I am not entirely saying I do) the name is "Etihad Airways Stadium"

-- Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 am --

waspish said:

Because in 10-15 years time that sponsorship would be lagging behind most other major clubs, so God help us how far behind we'd be in the year 2111, when we wouldn't even have received a single penny of sponsorship in 100 years? And because Etihad don't have a billion to pay up-front?

agree we wuold be lagging behind if the deal was for 100 years, but i reckon etihad could stump up a billion up front. billions are the new millons in abu dhabi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.