Stadium Shop Parking

I totally get this on match days, but everyday and when the stadium and it's shop are closed is just total overkill.
If a car is left after 2300hrs, get it towed away at the owners expense.

People just nipping to the shop when passing, or in their dinner hours will defo drop.
If it's raining too, would you park that far away just for a browse when passing, I doubt it.
They will no doubt have the golf buggies taking people up and down Joe Mercer Way, but it won't be enough in my opinion.

A few months ago I went to the stadium the day of a midweek cup game to buy a ticket. I was not allowed to drive through the main gate and was made to go to the car park at the bottom of JMW. I was then charged £10 to park, even though I was only going to the ticket office. You do get the money back when leaving, but the weather was awful and had I not had £10 on me I would have had to turn around to find a cash machine. Had I not had £10 on me I would have just turned around and carried on driving, as I as I'm sure many do, as I and them could not be bothered with the hassle. This also needs a rethink in my opinion.

Will need a drink and a bite to eat after that walk. oh wait! Not an option no bluemoon cafe.
Bit of a pisser that with having a disabled son.

People just nipping to the shop when passing, or in their dinner hours will defo drop.
If it's raining too, would you park that far away just for a browse when passing, I doubt it.
They will no doubt have the golf buggies taking people up and down Joe Mercer Way, but it won't be enough in my opinion.

No they wont, i asked them, basically unless you are registered disabled they assume you can walk from the car park up that incline - just to spend money for them at the other end! :(

Mum has COPD and finds any slight incline almost impossible, but she's no longer wanted on none match days to browse the store when we're giving her a lift home (usually drop in for a quick look at the sale stuff once fortnight)

Don't get me wrong. I like Kevin and him and the others involved with the OSC put in a lot of time and effort, which I'll never knock. They organise travel, which is ckearly a good thing. I also know they don't get involved in the politics of the club or seek to rock the boat. But how many of their members have been priced out of going compared to how many have partaken of the 'Harvey Nichols matchday experience'?

No doubt the Kiev pricing has been set by some spreadsheet wizard in Finance, who has a number of sophisticated models incorporating formulae involving things like price elasticity, propensity to buy, seat-mix optimisation, midweek attendance average take-up, etc. When all the figures are loaded, it produces a cost/benefit optimisation model showing that a price uplift of X from a break-even position will lead to a customer down-shift of Y% and calculate the optimum price curve for revenue maximisation.

But the club needs someone whispering in its ear, like Jiminy Cricket, saying "Hang on. It's the last 16 of the CL and we've a great chance of qualifying for the last 8. You know how our fans feel about UEFA and the CL so let's do whatever it takes to get the ground full and maybe get those fans enthused or even attract some new ones who'll want more." It needs someone who thinks like a fan, not a fucking accountant.

In this case, they should be saying "Do we really need to do this? Can we not allow parking closer to the shop but not on the campus?" There's a coach/car park which is just behind the shop isn't there?

Listen to fans?
Use common sense?
Now, that's just crazy talk!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.