Stadium Shop Parking

Well said PB, the OFFICIAL Supporters Club is surely for the SUPPORTERS and just in case anyone is in any doubt that's FANS, people who have supported the club through thick and thin.

Maybe this is part of the 'rationale' let's not have a shop let's make them do all the shopping online?

Could be yea,I mean I know that is what most folk do with any shopping this day and age,but I've always loved going to the club shop,especially non match days,even if I've not bought anything,just like having a mooch and that,but it looks as though that privilege is now gone,I ain't walking up all that way,it's hard enough on match days !!

I have no doubt it will mean a lot of fans will not go to the club shop anymore. City will no doubt monitor numbers to see if that happens but I doubt we will hear anything more about this.

if I'm calling for tickets or the shop on a non match day I just park on the road just before the tennis centre and pop up the last (blue) bit of the Joe Mercer Way - it takes about 2 mins to walk the 200 yards, not that much of an inconvenience (unless you're very old or disabled)?

have you meet him, he seems to trot out the party line with such glee when it effects other people in a negative way
I have a few times actually - and I genuinely believe he is stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one

fooking security and health and safety win EVERY FOOKING time, no matter how absurd or completely unrequired the resultant changes appear, because the 'risk assessment' says so...

Well said PB, the OFFICIAL Supporters Club is surely for the SUPPORTERS and just in case anyone is in any doubt that's FANS, people who have supported the club through thick and thin.
Don't get me wrong. I like Kevin and him and the others involved with the OSC put in a lot of time and effort, which I'll never knock. They organise travel, which is ckearly a good thing. I also know they don't get involved in the politics of the club or seek to rock the boat. But how many of their members have been priced out of going compared to how many have partaken of the 'Harvey Nichols matchday experience'?

No doubt the Kiev pricing has been set by some spreadsheet wizard in Finance, who has a number of sophisticated models incorporating formulae involving things like price elasticity, propensity to buy, seat-mix optimisation, midweek attendance average take-up, etc. When all the figures are loaded, it produces a cost/benefit optimisation model showing that a price uplift of X from a break-even position will lead to a customer down-shift of Y% and calculate the optimum price curve for revenue maximisation.

But the club needs someone whispering in its ear, like Jiminy Cricket, saying "Hang on. It's the last 16 of the CL and we've a great chance of qualifying for the last 8. You know how our fans feel about UEFA and the CL so let's do whatever it takes to get the ground full and maybe get those fans enthused or even attract some new ones who'll want more." It needs someone who thinks like a fan, not a fucking accountant.

In this case, they should be saying "Do we really need to do this? Can we not allow parking closer to the shop but not on the campus?" There's a coach/car park which is just behind the shop isn't there?

Last edited:
I have a few times actually - and I genuinely believe he is stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one

fooking security and health and safety win EVERY FOOKING time, no matter how absurd or completely unrequired the resultant changes appear, because the 'risk assessment' says so...

you`ll have heard the glee in his voice then

Isn't this just ridiculous? You can drive underneath the overhanging stand at Villa Park. You can drive past the end of Downing Street and past the gates of Buck House. You can drive past the MI6 building!

Its utter nonsense, how many accidents have there been on the speed bumped roads and as regards a terrorist attack then surely the city centre car parks are more likely to be targeted, are they to be closed and all the city centre roads? Its probably from the same department that banned umbrellas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.