Stag Weekend in Poznan

I think on the corner of that square a pub/bar called the Londoner ? had been hit about 30 mins before we went in with a few blues bloodied.

I think on the corner of that square a pub/bar called the Londoner ? had been hit about 30 mins before we went in with a few blues bloodied.
Yeah was in there when it happened if I remember correctly they ran at the pub caught a few blues on the front as city came out the pub they ran off down the square then police turn up

I didn’t enjoy Amsterdam so that sounds like a good tip! Thanks.
its definitely like post easyJet Amsterdam. It used to be a great city. It’s like visiting Edinburgh during the Festival. A nightmare. Try Łódź, had a few good sessions there or oven Sopot/Gdynia.

Some of the RAF great escapers are buried in that cemetery. Also nearby there is a former concentration camp which was the first one the Nazis operated. I went to it and it was harrowing but an unforgettable experience.

Wish I had the time to have visited this. Gives me the excuse to go back one weekend.

I went to Poznan when we played them. Thought it was a dreary, grey, depressing place full of 6’4” tall skinheads who wanted to kill you
Think you're getting it mixed up with Portsmouth.

Read this as slag weekend before putting my glasses on. Then again, maybe that's equally correct
I read it as Stag weekend in Prison

A really nice little town Poznan. When we went for the football, we mainly drank in a square called stary rynak that was surrounded on all sides by ale houses, unsure if this is what folk on here mean by the town square though?

No mither with the polish football fans that on the whole looked after us plying us with vodka redbull, a drink that I still find palatable when served with lashings of ice. Only problem is that after a full session you get as full as a bucket and can't even sleep due to the cafeine hit. Having said that our pub did get attacked by a few odd balls, but we formed squares and held them off.

In Poznan, some must visit attractions include the hall, the cathedral of saint Peter, the croissont museum showcasing the city's culinary heritage, and the lively Stary Browar shopping mall. Gothic renissance and baroq architecture offer mesmernising glimpes into Poland's past and its vibrant cultural scene makes it an enticing destination for travelers seeking out a mix of history, culture and modern day amenities.

When we went it was too expensive to fly direct so flew to berlin then caught the warsaw express train for pennies. I think Poznon was the third or fourth stop.

If anyone is considering going then flights are available with very good timings, and priced return for an unbelievable £50 per person, out from Manchester on 22nd September and back in to Manchester on the 29th. No bags so you would have to add on a 10k holdall, or maybe just throw on five light weight T-shirts and put your socks and underwear in your pockets. You can even get a return for £35 albeit with piss poor flight times.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240709_195608_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_195608_Gallery.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240709_195443_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_195443_Gallery.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240709_195324_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_195324_Gallery.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240709_195254_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_195254_Gallery.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240709_195243_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_195243_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.