Stamp Duty

Doesn't give anything away mate. I live in a nice-ish house with a small (40ft) garden on a bog standard housing estate. Sorry if that doesn't fit your profile. Not Coronation Street for sure, but not exactly Longleat either.

I have a sense of decency that some people seem to lack. I don't like to see unfairness in any form, even if that is unfairness on the better off. I am not bitter and resentful of people better off than I am, again, unlike some on here.

I have never given you a profile. You brought up where you live and the size of your house I really don't care tbh. Your priorities are odd that is all.

I don't want the government running anything other than things that it must unavoidably run. And I want people to keep as much of their own money as possible. I believe in great public services via and as a result of, a thriving economy.

Could you give an example of a country run in this way? Serious question, because I think you'vre really got a decision to take between "great services" and "small govt". I can't think of anywhere that does both.

Er, to differentiate from "rich" people who perhaps haven't had to work hard but were gifted it/born into it?

Not sure the tax man can wonder around checking on how hard people are working. The tax rate cannot take into account a lazy sod from a workaholic or anywhere in between. Why mention it.

Yet again it's how you post.

Could you give an example of a country run in this way? Serious question, because I think you'vre really got a decision to take between "great services" and "small govt". I can't think of anywhere that does both.
It's the fantasy of the right wing. Or more accurately cover for the fact that they genuinely don't give a shit about how bad public services get (hard to get elected saying that, though). Evidenced by the last 13 years. It amazes me that anyone, even someone who espouses conservative values on the economy, could have sat through the last 13 years and still consider voting for them.

Your sense of decency is allowing you to vote for a party with the least sense of decency in living memory. Unfairness? Ditto.
Your moral compass is all over the shop mate.
What are the policies of this party you allege to have the worst sense of decency, that particularly appal you? I'd be interested to hear them.

Look at the last budget for example. Increased the state pension, raised the minimum wage, reduced NI contributions, did NOT cut inheritance tax, plan to back british businesses.

What exactly did these evil swines do this time which so deeply offends you?

But Fujitsu run many successful projects, as do IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, EY etc and all the rest.

So what went wrong? What's the common denominator. It's the government. Everything it ever touches turns to shit. And yes I know the Post Office is not a government body any more, but old habits die hard. I see it myself with work on British Steel (as was, before it became Corus and later Tata. Public sector mentality. Be busy on something because you need to be busy, but for god's sake don't ever finish anything or else you might get reassigned to something else, or god forbit, be made redundant. So just plod along wasting your time, turn up at 9, fuck off at 5pm sharp and make sure you take your sick days, everyone takes them you know, so nothing to be ashamed of. In short, a fucking disgrace. No accountability, no responsibility, just buck passing and not giving a shit. I see it in the NHS all over the place. I see it at the Council offices. It's endemic in our public sector and former public sector businesses.
Now that's obsession.

Look at the last budget for example. Increased the state pension, raised the minimum wage, reduced NI contributions, did NOT cut inheritance tax, plan to back british businesses.
Paid for by not increasing the tax thresholds in line with inflation.

Not sure the tax man can wonder around checking on how hard people are working. The tax rate cannot take into account a lazy sod from a workaholic or anywhere in between. Why mention it.

Yet again it's how you post.
It was relevant to the topic. To demonstrate that normal, hard working people are clobbered by punitive taxes and that punitive taxes do not only apply to the uber rich classes.

If you don't get that, then never mind, I am OK with you not understanding the point.

What are the policies of this party you allege to have the worst sense of decency, that particularly appal you? I'd be interested to hear them.

What exactly did these evil swines do this time which so deeply offends you?
If you don’t think the last 5 years of Tory government hasn’t revealed a multitude of liars, grifters and self serving narcissists then I don’t think it’s worth continuing.
They talk a good game but are going to leave office with the country in a far far worse state than they found it.
You’re welcome to the cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.