Stamp Duty

If you don’t think the last 5 years of Tory government hasn’t revealed a multitude of liars, grifters and self serving narcissists then I don’t think it’s worth continuing.
They talk a good game but are going to leave office with the country in a far far worse state than they found it.
You’re welcome to the cunts.
Well ducked.

It amazes me when you see people driving around in posh cars and living in multi-million pound houses. Where the fuck have they got their money from? It’s almost impossible to make any money in the UK through legitimate channels because of the tax burden frankly.
I am a salaried director of a business and if we make a profit of say £50k we’re subject to paying corporation tax on that of 25% this year. This gives a net profit of £37,500.00 happy days you may think. But as soon as I want to put that £37,500.00 in my bank I pay tax on it again - this time at 40% which involves paying a further £15k in tax which then leaves a net net profit of £22,500.00. So out of a year where the business has worked its bollocks to the bone and turned a profit of £50k the govt takes £27,500.00 of that profit in tax!

Mixture of rampant consumerism - inheritance and access to endless tic mate.

Loads of stuff is just bought on the never never or even leased. You can lease 2nd hand cars 2nd hand IT all sorts its not just brand new. Low interest rights for a long time got people in houses they probably wouldn't have been able to in previous times then rapid house value increases have given them some equity that they can also access to buy/lease/afford even more stuff. Maybe their mums and dads would have used such a windfall to enhance savings but a lot of people in a swanky house with a huge fridge quite like the idea of a new Rangey or Audi on the drive so the money goes there. Likewise that mum and dad will pass on and leave an inheritance to spend ( I mean where is the sense of using it to boost your pension or savings !!?? ) because that new Range Rover or Audi is a year old and needs to be moved on.

Its a bubble - we have seen these before and they always pop in the end leading to the predictable

With reality.
Aye, all public services are shit, and all private businesses are way more efficient. Except the Post Office, which is shit because it used to be public. Which begs the question how long does something have to be private before we get the benefit? Clearly 10 years isn't enough, but given you're willing to give the Tories 13 years of fucking up the economy, and still trust them to turn it around, you're obviously more patient than most.

What are the policies of this party you allege to have the worst sense of decency, that particularly appal you? I'd be interested to hear them.

Look at the last budget for example. Increased the state pension, raised the minimum wage, reduced NI contributions, did NOT cut inheritance tax, plan to back british businesses.

What exactly did these evil swines do this time which so deeply offends you?
Increased the deficit. I'd have thought that would offend you.

It was relevant to the topic. To demonstrate that normal, hard working people are clobbered by punitive taxes and that punitive taxes do not only apply to the uber rich classes.

If you don't get that, then never mind, I am OK with you not understanding the point.

You think 100k a year owners of million pound Houses are being clobbered. I believe you don't have a true understanding of what being clobbered truly is.

Yet again your priorities are odd and you come across as a bit of a Tory elitist tit.

Aye, all public services are shit, and all private businesses are way more efficient. Except the Post Office, which is shit because it used to be public. Which begs the question how long does something have to be private before we get the benefit? Clearly 10 years isn't enough, but given you're willing to give the Tories 13 years of fucking up the economy, and still trust them to turn it around, you're obviously more patient than most.
At least the water, energy and rail systems have been streamlined and are far more efficient than they were. Cheaper too.

At least the water, energy and rail systems have been streamlined and are far more efficient than they were. Cheaper too.
Businesses exist to make profit, and they will do that very efficiently thank-you very much. If in a competitive market they will do it by offering better products and services at the best possible prices. E.g. Amazon, or indeed pretty much any well run business.

But if they have a monopoly, then businesses are more than happy to just rip people off. Why not - profit is their prime motive, so if they can charge people who have nowhere to go, more money then ker-ching.

What was idiotic, was to sell off state assets, like the railways, and give e.g. the train operators like 10 year monopoly franchises. And WORSE, try to govern them with a toothless regulator that tolerates year upon year of above RPI increases. Shameful. Why not sell off slots like with airfares, so you could choose to go on the XYZ train at 08:30 which is £50 but you get free breakfast, or go on the 08:45 run by a different company that's only £36 but no frills. Where is that choice? If you had choice, rail fares would have fallen, like Easyjet has lowered airfares from the rip off British Airways was charging. Oh wait, British Airways, another former nationalised shambles.

And who was it who sold off the assets in such an incompetent way? Oh wait again. The government. Incompetence in action as per.

How is it that e.g. Unilever can outsource all of its procurement activity to IBM? Or Oracle outsource its marketing? And yet the NHS cannot outsource its cleaning functions without getting reamed? Oh, it's the government again. Quelle surprise. Where is the SLA that penalised poor performance and holds the private cleaning businesses to account with property penalties?

Sorry but the government aka civil servants are incompetent idiots who we should not trust to run a piss up in a brewery. We've already discussed on this very thread the omni-shambles that is HS2 and the NHS national program for IT. More incompetent cock ups. And some of you lot want MORE government? You're mad.

Businesses exist to make profit, and they will do that very efficiently thank-you very much. If in a competitive market they will do it by offering better products and services at the best possible prices. E.g. Amazon, or indeed pretty much any well run business.

But if they have a monopoly, then businesses are more than happy to just rip people off. Why not - profit is their prime motive, so if they can charge people who have nowhere to go, more money then ker-ching.

What was idiot was to sell off state assets, like the railways, and give e.g. the train operators like 10 year franchises. And WORSE, try to govern them with a toothless regulator that tolerates year upon year of above RPI increases. Shameful.

And who was it who did this? Oh wait. The government. Incompetence in action as per.

How is it that e.g. Unilever can outsource all of its procurement activity to IBM? Or Oracle outsource its marketing? And yet the NHS cannot outsource its cleaning functions without getting reamed? Oh, it's the government again. Quelle surprise. Where is the SLA that penalised poor performance and holds the private businesses to account with property penalties?

Sorry but the government aka civil servants are incompetent idiots who we should not trust to run a piss up in a brewery. We've already discussed on this very thread the omni-shambles that is HS2 and the NHS national program for IT. More incompetent cock ups. And some of you lot want MORE government? You're mad.

These are all symptoms of Toryism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.