Stamp?

I think avoiding the Persie tackle in the first place was intelligent. Do think he was intentionally going for his hand. Naughty, but deserved for trying to go through our Ade in the first place!

moomba said:
No case to answer.

I've seen 20 identical "stamps" by Wayne Rooney, and none of them went punished.

Surely it wouldn't be one rule for them, and one for everyone else?

Problem is Moomba,we have seen after the SWP incident at Stoke last season what the FA think of us.

I'm expecting a 3 match ban :-(

Dubai Blue said:
AustinBlue said:
It wasn't "clearly" a stamp - you'd have to know his intent to say that. He didn't lift up his foot and bring it down with power on top of the other player. His foot came down on VP after a dynamic tackle - he had to land somewhere. It might have been a stamp, but it wasn't "clearly" anything. Michael Ball on Ronaldo was "clearly" a stamp.
I've seen it at least 20 times from all available angles and to me it was clearly a stamp.

I guarantee you that he's facing a ban for it.

I have to agree with you Dubai, there was a considerable downward motion by Adebayor onto RVP and it didn't look accidental, first time I saw it I thought he'd done it deliberately and the slow-mo's only seem to prove it, and to say it's nothing is ridiculous because just looking at RVP's face after if he'd got his eye he'd be in deep trouble.

Football is a physical sport played for the most part by men. RVP is a wimp for bringing this off the pitch.

I can see we have the beginnings of a grudge fixture which is a pity because I like Wenger and the style of football his team play.

Adebayor > Van Persie.

That's what it all boils down too. Will VP get punished for his celebration? No.

Will Ade for both celebration and stamp? Highly likely.

Marvin said:
Football is a physical sport played for the most part by men. RVP is a wimp for bringing this off the pitch.

I can see we have the beginnings of a grudge fixture which is a pity because I like Wenger and the style of football his team play.

Agreed its physical, but there's a point and deliberately stamping on someone, especially when you make contact with the face is unacceptable, im sorry, but even in rugby eye gouging gets a serious punishment because it is a step too far. Its not like a foul which is accidental, deliberate actions such as this should be punished.

I thought he was trying to avoid coming down on his hand: he moved his foot out (forward) and down to do so, and Robin's head was there. We're talking pico seconds here people, it's not a bloody Wayang Wong Alus performance.

Marvin said:

i disagree, its a good sign as it shows respect. you dont beat a team like arsenal without ruffling a few feathers and thats what we did today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.