Stamp?

It's inevitable that Adebayor will get a ban now, especially after his comments about he could have been injured much worse and how he dissapointed in Adebayor.

Robin van Persie has issued the following statement following an incident with Emmanuel Adebayor at Saturday's game:

"I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match.

"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical, I too have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent. He set out to hurt me today.

"I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made. He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans.

"I do feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye. I have not received an apology from him, there were no words exchanged afterwards. He had his own agenda today and that is bad for football. It's bad for the game we all love.

"I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the result of today's match. We do not hide from that disappointment but I need to speak out about his behaviour."

staffs_blue said:
Problem is Moomba,we have seen after the SWP incident at Stoke last season what the FA think of us.

I'm expecting a 3 match ban :-(

I suspect it might be worse than that to be honest.

FA have bought in new rules that allow a ban in excess of 3 games for "serious offences", they are now allowed to take into account things like intent, force, and extent of injury.

Van Persies pride has clearly been dented, so theres 5 weeks in that for a start. I bet they've been looking for an example to set for weeks.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
Brucie Bonus said:
I thought he was trying to avoid coming down on his hand: he moved his foot out (forward) and down to do so, and Robin's head was there. We're talking pico seconds here people, it's not a bloody Wayang Wong Alus performance.

Head over hand? something wrong with that logic...
Watch it again Mr. Cause Célèbre.

This is such a gray area, very much open to interpretation.

An Arse fan will tell you its the worst thing they've ever seen, I would say as a ridiculously biased blue that its impossible determine one way or the other if he meant it.

Unless he says he did of course....

staffs_blue said:
moomba said:
No case to answer.

I've seen 20 identical "stamps" by Wayne Rooney, and none of them went punished.

Surely it wouldn't be one rule for them, and one for everyone else?

Problem is Moomba,we have seen after the SWP incident at Stoke last season what the FA think of us.

I'm expecting a 3 match ban :-(

Stamp or evasive action, Ade will get three games. We will be judged by the letter of the law, unlike the OLDTopFour. The FA is corrupt.

guilty i am afraid the more i see the more sure i am i hate van percy and wish i could do that to him instead of Adebayor to prevent an inevitable ban

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.