Stan Collymore

I wouldn’t say he was. I think that’s part of the problem. He’s not immensely stupid, but he’s nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

Yes, you're probably right, he flirts with concepts without fully understanding them.

Collymore has a point, but as a spokesman for that point he is the worst possible candidate, when he says....

“Black people are deemed good athletes but not good leaders,” says Collymore. “They’re not trusted to lead by the status quo, which is made up of white men, and this is particularly the case if they speak they mind, like myself and Sol. The thing white men hate most, that they’re scared of most, is outspoken black men."

He might be right, but if that's the case what is it with Chris Houghton? Is he some kind of Uncle Tom? Collymore clearly thinks so....

“The acceptable face of BAME managers is Chris Hughton. I have no doubt Chris has strong views on race and expresses them behind the scenes, but he knows that to progress in life he can’t do so in public; he has to shut up and get on with it. That’s not a criticism of Chris – it’s how most people from ethnic backgrounds behave.”

Besides there's a wider debate in society about the lack of social mobility, glass ceilings for women, pay disparity, social inequality, nepotism and patronage. The old boys network is alive and well in all fields of life. maybe it's just a case that black ex footballers have joined a very long queue.

I love the notion that insufficiently talented members of a particular minority don't get the acclaim their ego demands due to racism, but when a talented member of the same minority rightly gets their rewards, it's because they're a sell-out and not really part of that minority.

it's just a variant of the scouse persecution complex. they live to be the victim and only have air through complaining and fuelling that narrative.

I love the notion that insufficiently talented members of a particular minority don't get the acclaim their ego demands due to racism, but when a talented member of the same minority rightly gets their rewards, it's because they're a sell-out and not really part of that minority.

it's just a variant of the scouse persecution complex. they live to be the victim and only have air through complaining and fuelling that narrative.

Agreed, he seems only too happy to throw other black professionals under the bus to support his narrative....

Professional life is good for Collymore but there is no hiding his resentment at his inability to get media work in England and, as with management, he believes this taps into a wider issue. “To be a black pundit you either need to be a comedian like Chris Kamara or Ian Wright – guys who have big pearly-white smiles and everyone loves laughing at – or Jermaine Jenas and Alex Scott, who are completely inoffensive,” he says. “What you’re not allowed to do is call out the status quo, which is what I do.

No Stan, you don't get work because you're a dick, in fact your column in the Mirror and everything else you do is low grade shock jock, it's your only USP.

Wrighty put him right in his place during their twitter spat, said he was just off to watch himself on the Premier League Legends programme he recorded.. Ha ha... Stan Who is such a dickhead, he will be loving the fact we have a thread in his name, it needs to be changed to Stan WHO or taken down methinks...!

I saw the headline and article but didnt click on it to read it as I was so disappointed by the title of it, on a personal level. I simply dont see how he can have anything substantial to back up such a belief. I dont see people in terms of colour, or class, or anything else that one can term identifiable as a characteristic in base racial terms like that. I know that some ignorant or less intelligent people do, obviously. But the title of that article is so generalising, superficial and shallow that Im sure I couldnt read it without kicking the cat. I doubt very much that the millionaire footballer Stan Collymore has lived amongst any prejudice that has been to his detriment for most of his adult life.

I dont have a cat by the way.
Cute-Kitten-Wallpaper-kittens-16094695-1280-800.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.