Stand leaders

Blue Mooner said:
Pigeonho said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Well, if we didn't all leave the pub at the last minute and stroll into our seats tanked up, then maybe we might get into the swing of things and get behind the team...All THROUGH THE MATCH...!
But that's what it's all about though, a piss up with your mates, the match and a piss up afterwards. It's almost like being a cynic being a fan over here, not taking it too serious like. Think back to the days stood on the Kippax, half the time of which was taking the piss out of those around you, the opposition players and of course, opposition fans. It's a laugh. You can't just change that mentality and bring in some ultra euro-fan type and expect an entire stadium or even one stand to act the same way. It WILL be met with people taking the piss out of those so called 'leaders', because that falls exactly into what I just said - a laugh.
The fans of the euro clubs treat it like a religion, which translates into the way they behave in the stands.

Maybe for some of us the game is much more than 'a laugh' each to their own and all that, and maybe I need to re-evaluate things, but for me any City game is much more than this, and yes I would liken it to a religion.

Your pomposity is comical

I guarantee you the club will e-mail any so called stand leaders a list of appropriate songs,IMO this will dampen the atmosphere.

Pigeonho said:
Well, if we didn't all leave the pub at the last minute and stroll into our seats tanked up, then maybe we might get into the swing of things and get behind the team...All THROUGH THE MATCH...!
But that's what it's all about though, a piss up with your mates, the match and a piss up afterwards. It's almost like being a cynic being a fan over here, not taking it too serious like. Think back to the days stood on the Kippax, half the time of which was taking the piss out of those around you, the opposition players and of course, opposition fans. It's a laugh. You can't just change that mentality and bring in some ultra euro-fan type and expect an entire stadium or even one stand to act the same way. It WILL be met with people taking the piss out of those so called 'leaders', because that falls exactly into what I just said - a laugh.
The fans of the euro clubs treat it like a religion, which translates into the way they behave in the stands.

Not saying we should or could change things, but there is a reason or two as to why the atmosphere is shit at a lot of grounds, including ours. The Palace fans last night were brilliant, never stopped making a noise....Think it's called passion, showing support for the lads, giving them a boost, thanking them for their efforts and showing togetherness or something...!?.

I've just thought. Are they going to put a song leader in every block?

Some divvy keeps standing up at the front of 328 and turning around and starting songs he's going to get thrown over the edge.

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Mooner said:
Pigeonho said:

Maybe for some of us the game is much more than 'a laugh' each to their own and all that, and maybe I need to re-evaluate things, but for me any City game is much more than this, and yes I would liken it to a religion.

Your pomposity is comical

Ha ha this coming from the most pompous arse on here! Ycnmiu

Pigeonho said:

Not saying we should or could change things, but there is a reason or two as to why the atmosphere is shit at a lot of grounds, including ours. The Palace fans last night were brilliant, never stopped making a noise....Think it's called passion, showing support for the lads, giving them a boost, thanking them for their efforts and showing togetherness or something...!?.
It's the English way.
I watched that Palace game last night and Sky kept on pointing the camera at their 'ultras'. It's only so obvious because they are the only ones doing it, whereas the rest of the ground are supporting the club in the way fans up and down the land support theirs. It looks and sounds plastic and is a desperate attempt at copying the euro fans, the proper Ultras. At least when our fans copied the Poznan it was as tongue in cheek as anything ever will be, and typical English, (or some may say just typical City), humour.

Blue Mooner said:
Pigeonho said:

And no-one is telling you how you should support the club. Hopefully that courtesy will be extended to all supporters.

If there is going to be a satisfactory outcome to the lack of atmosphere situation, it will come through the introduction of safe standing areas, not through the introduction of some jumped up little Hitlers with safe little songsheets, and the club would be better advised to be proactive in the campaign to introduce a measure that is wanted almost everywhere.

I'm no cynic said:
If there is going to be a satisfactory outcome to the lack of atmosphere situation, it will come through the introduction of safe standing areas, not through the introduction of some jumped up little Hitlers with safe little songsheets, and the club would be better advised to be proactive in the campaign to introduce a measure that is wanted almost everywhere.
And this of course is where it all went wrong in regards to the atmosphere at any stadium - all seater stadiums. I say 'wrong' lightly based on why that ruling came in, but let's not beat about the bush here, all-seater stadiums have killed the atmosphere at the match.

Pigeonho said:
I'm no cynic said:
And this of course is where it all went wrong in regards to the atmosphere at any stadium - all seater stadiums. I say 'wrong' lightly based on why that ruling came in, but let's not beat about the bush here, all-seater stadiums have killed the atmosphere at the match.

In part your right, but then how do we explain the silent standing south standers? Something needs to be done, the atmosphere is so flat at times when the team needs us the most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.