Stand leaders

LoveCity said:
Stand leaders are better than absolute silence in most of the stadium.

How exactly? Do you really think that some guy stood at the front of the stand is going to get everyone going?

The match itself creates its own atmosphere. The atmosphere against Spurs was good cause we scored after 14 seconds in a game we all thought we might struggle in.

Most home games we win comfortable so i guess people are just happy to sit and watch the game itself. The atmosphere at the Etihad has never been great and we've been there 10 years.

If people want to sing they will sing. If they don't want to sing they wont sing. A stand leader isn't going to change any of that.

The Fat el Hombre said:
LoveCity said:
Stand leaders are better than absolute silence in most of the stadium.

Disagree

Our stadium has the worst atmosphere of any top club in the Premier League so far this season and has become the butt of jokes, the same sort of jokes we've made about the swamp for years. It used to have one of the best of the top clubs, but a big chunk of our fans seem to have lost their passion since we won the league.

FWIW, I sit in Block 107 and at weekend, this guy stood up out of nowhere and at the top of his voice sang "We're not really here!" and an unusually high number of people in the often quiet 107 joined in. All it took was one brave guy in the sullen silence to get people to join in. If there was someone like that in every block, I wouldn't complain. The Family Stand could benefit, especially.

Can't see a problem with it, I thought the atmosphere would improve with the better football on display but it has not, the seating debate is another issue one the club can not really do a lot about

I sit in CB3 because I love watching how play develops, I can see absolutely everything and enjoy talking to the folks around me about tactics etc. I have no interest in standing for 90 minutes and singing, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not my thing.

Now, if you were to introduce a designated safe standing area, great, people that want to be in there can be, but these Stand Leaders will just get abuse.

What is responsible for this is the biggest City myth.
Maine Road was bursting with atmosphere and noise every game, when nothing could be further from the truth

Perhaps we could bounce the stand leader around like an inflatable ball. Would please those keen on stand leaders and create a great atmosphere at the game.

Perhaps I havent given them a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.