Stand leaders

why cant the people at mcfc do anything right, we dont want fucking stand leaders..........!!!!

i swear they must not be hiring anyone with anything about them save we actually do anything good!

Even if I wanted to go (Not a fucking chance) they have decided to hold them whilst 3200 of us are still in Munich. Typical city.

Shit idea, I do wonder if the wanker whos being paid a 6 figure salary to think this up ever attended a football match

ell said:
Even if I wanted to go (Not a fucking chance) they have decided to hold them whilst 3200 of us are still in Munich. Typical city.

Shit idea, I do wonder if the wanker whos being paid a 6 figure salary to think this up ever attended a football match
It'll be the same wanker(s) who thought of piping crowd noise into the speakers all those years ago.
You can just see it now. These 'leaders' will start a song, facing the masses, and his first line will be met with a resounding 'fuck off mate', followed by chuckles of those agreeing in full agreement with that retort. English sense of humour.

You can't really knock the club. It sounds a daft idea as you cannot completely get the whole stadium creating an atmosphere on a consistent basis but what other solutions are available?

I think calling them 'stand leaders' makes it sound a lot more cheesy and regimented than what it'll probably be. I got the impression that it's just up to you to get songs going by continually singing, not just shouting 'come on City' with an embarrassed fade out by the 3rd time when others around have stopped, in your block when they are started elsewhere. Not some kind of conductor.

I think it is a great idea and I have nominate myself. I will start each match with Jerusalem, mind you I currently sit in a geriatric stand in CB3 and I think that is all they know.

(other than 'That garseea is bloody useless'.... but I don't think that is a song, just one of those sayings you have to keep repeating like a Hail Mary)

Oh my fucking God. There's going to be a drum and loudhailer, isn't there?

The idiots. the problem is not getting single blocks to sing, it's getting everyone to sing at once. There has only ever been one answer and that's to move the away fans to the other side of the south stand. Until they rid the ground of those thousand or so wasted singers in the south stand, the problem will never go away. Ever.

Fuck me there are some whinging fuckers on here,fans whinge about the atmosphere,our club who it seems can't do enough for us do a survey to see what the fans want, people on here who whinge don't do the survey then whinge because some people got off there arses to do the survey and then the whingers on here whinge about the results,

Stop whinging

Thinks that's enough whinging from me about the whingers

Didsbury Dave said:
Oh my fucking God. There's going to be a drum and loudhailer, isn't there?

The idiots. the problem is not getting single blocks to sing, it's getting everyone to sing at once. There has only ever been one answer and that's to move the away fans to the other side of the south stand. Until they rid the ground of those thousand or so wasted singers in the south stand, the problem will never go away. Ever.
The other problem is that clubs over here, in the main, only have a handful of songs anyway. Those songs get sang once every now and then, and then the rest of the game is spent moaning, clapping an attack, cheering a goal or going mad at a goal conceded. On the continent it's continuous noise, a constant stream of a variety of songs or one bloke wailing something into a megaphone and others following his lead. I've seen it as a 'home' fan in the San Moix, a ground with about 20k people in it but fuck me did they make some noise. Not one pissed up loon in the ground by the way, except us English - another reason why it works over there and not here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.