Starting eleven for 15/16 season

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Clichy
Yaya Fernandinho
Sterling Silva De Bruyne
Aguero

Others: Caballero, Wright, Fabinho, Denayer, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Nasri, Navas, Lopes, Bony, Iheanacho

That's 23.
I'd be happy with that but only wonder if Pogba or DeBruyne is a better fit. It's hard to know which of the 2 is just flavor of the month and which genuinely will become a great player.

I'd be happy with that but only wonder if Pogba or DeBruyne is a better fit. It's hard to know which of the 2 is just flavor of the month and which genuinely will become a great player.

I think there's a good chance that Pogba has been over-hyped. Like clearly he's great but not that consistent and his stats are nothing to write home about - all the other players who cost 70m+ had already achieved a lot more (Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar etc).

KDB at 35-40m seems good value in this market and then next summer if Pep comes along maybe he'll bring along Thiago who would be the long-term answer to our CM problems.

Hart
Zaba
Kompany
Mangala
Cliche
Yaya
Fernandinho
Sterling
Silva
Nasri
Sergio

Can't see us buying KDB or Pogba.

Hart
Zaba
Kompany
Mangala
Cliche
Yaya
Fernandinho
Sterling
Silva
Nasri
Sergio

Can't see us buying KDB or Pogba.

That team won't win the league and will still have the same issue in the Champions League.

The attack is good but the midfield isn't which for me should be our transfer priority with an addition of a world class central midfielder.

We can't go into the season being too reliant on Yaya, Fernando isn't good enough, and whilst Fernandinho is a solid midfielder he get's overrated at times for me.

Ww still don't know what Kompany or Mangala will turn up, same with Clichy and Kolarov.

I agree with your comments. I don't think we will win the league.....we have to sign big now

I agree the midfield and defence need developing. If Kompany and Mangala have a quality season though we should be fine there but the midfield yaya and fernandinho are both the wrong side of 30 now. We need to invest in there.

As we stand it's this. I really do hope we can find a replacement for Nasri before the season starts though, he's not physically strong enough, to play wide regularly.

We look totally unbalanced when we try to shoehorn Merlin & him into the same side.,

______________Hart_______________
_Zabba_Kompany__Mangala_Koloov_
___________Fernandinho__________
____________Yaya_Silva__________
__Sterling________________Nasri___
______________Aguero_____________

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.