Starting XI and Manager for 15/16

Patrick Vieira

Hart
Zaba Mangala Kompany Angelino
Schneiderlin Fernandingo
Silva
Aguero Bony Lacazette

Pellegrini beecause he is achieving his target of 5 trophies in 5 years , HART - ZABS , VINNY , MANGALA , ANGELINO - SILVA , DINHO , LOPES , BARKER - AGUERO , BONY subs from :
POZO , ZUCULINI , REKIK , DENAYER , CABALERO , CLICHY , AMBROSE , MAFFEO. Would rather see some hard working enthusiastic kids giving 100% , than signing another bunch of £100k a week players who do not want to play for the shirt.

Funny enough, the flat out weakest player this season (and by that I mean the biggest change from original form to current form) has been Kompany, yet not a signle person has him off their list. This is the problem with emotonally based decisions.

If we want a stronger squad, then get a Starting CB like Varane, bench or trade Komps. Better yet make it an open competition. Komps vs Varane. Let the better player start and the other rotate. We need 3 starters any way. We can have Martin as the experience backup who only plays sparringly. Let Mangala, Kompany and Varane duke it out for who gets to start.

If Kompany stays at this level then he goes to the bench. If he regains form, then one of Mangala or Varane goes to the bench. That is problem #1. Our Central defense positioning has been horrendous accross the board. People keep blaming lack of defensive support in midfield, but this is actually a fallacy, our guys (and by that I mostly mean Kompany this season) are getting beat positionally and in 1 v 1 situations constantly.

That is problem 1 solved.

I was a fan of getting Gaya at left back for Kolarov. But that is simply a want not a need. Sell Kolarov and promote Angelino. Sure he may not even be great, but hee is playing as a backup not a starter so it really doesnt matter. Clichy has been the only improved performer from last season to this. There is no reason to sell him. At worst get him some competition if the money is there, if not promote the youth kid.

RB: Zaba has also been down, and might need competition if there is money but if not, it is an averagely solid position. Sell his backup, as we can make 4 mil on a free transfer. Promote the youth backup. he'd only play in cup games anyway.

Midfield. Out Yaya, Nasri, Lampard, Milner, Jovetic: In Pogba, Wildanum/Classie, Bale, Sterling . This is where we should spend the bulk of our money. On the midfield. make it so strong that it matter little that there are minor weakness in other areas. We have creativity in Silva, Sterling, Pogba, Classie and Bale. Tackling in Dihno, and Classie (and Fernando when he comes in to close), Speed in Bale, Sterling, Navas and goals scoring ability in Bale, Sterling, Pogba and hopefully Silva still. Here is where we win. Stack this position and win from our strength here.

Striker takes care of itself: Aguero, Bony sell Dzeko to get more money and promote Iheanacho as a 3rd backup.

This is how you build champiuonship teams.

GK: Hart, Caba, Gunn
RB: Zab, youth player (Varane, Kompany and Navas can always slot in if rest is needed or suspension occurs to Zaba. Play the youth guy in cup games)
LB: Clichy, Angelino - Again play Angelino mostly in cup games. Clichy, Mangala can slot in if needed.
CB: Varane, Mangala, Kompany Demichelis: Here is where we need reinforcement. No one wants to say it but its been the weakest spot this season. And it has lttle to do with Pelegrini, players are simply performing poorly. Varane will probably start, the question is next to who?
CM: Pogba, Dihno, Classie, Fernando (Here is where we want to have strength in talent. 3 very talented players and a good closer (Fernando)who should be better next season doing his limited job. He should simply be our Mikel. Come in to close out games in which we lead)

AM: Silva, Bale, Sterling, Navas. I know many fancy Silva as the AM in the middle. I disagree, I think he is far more dangerous on the outside with the potential to drift in. I want Sterling or Bale (preferably Bale in the middle just off the striker, or better yet all 3 interchanging seamlessly at the crossroads of Speed and creativity.

Upfront: Aguero or Bony, Never both to start. But we can always sacrifice a defender for 2 strikers when chasing a game. Both will start enough games based on Aguero's injury form.

Always play 5 in the middle. Always. it is where we have the most talent (i.e. more than can start. ) and rotate them enough. Keep them fresh. Thats our strenght.

Onwards and Upwards!

We need a left back and George Friend from Boro is good enough to step up, a defensive midfielder such as Sneiderlin, a midfielder from the top table like Pogba and preferably Bale on the wing ,if not Sterling. Add some youngsters like Lopes, Gunn, Denayer ,Angelino and Iheneacho and we have a very strong squad again.

Manager: No idea. I like Pellegrini but he's challenging me currently. The current system isn't working so if he's not prepared to change it, get him out.

------------------------- Hart

Zabaleta - Hummels - Mangala - Clichy

---------------------- Kompany

--------------- Pogba ------- Dinho

Silva ------------------------------------- Reus

----------------------- Aguero

Kompany and Mangala are too similar so don't work well together so push Vinnie up into the proper holding midfielder we've lacked this season. He's too good to leave out. That allows Fernandinho to go back to the cracking box to box player he was at Shakhtar, rather than having to run around cleaning up after his CM partner. When we have the ball I'd expect the full backs to push up, Kompany to stay back, Silva to drift infield and Reus to move up top with Kun into a more 3412 formation. The new signings don't have to be those guys and their roles can be reasonably flexible. Only stipulation would be that the winger would have to be comfortable up front and I wouldn't mind them being a bit older as I see that becoming Barker or Ambrose's slot in the side if they keep progressing well.

As back up, reading the above top to bottom left to right: Caballero, Sagna (Maffeo to replace in a few years), Demichelis, Denayer, Angelino, Fernando, Milner (hopefully), Lopes, Nasri, Barker, Bony. If we can afford to spend a bit more, maybe let some of the more untested academy kids get some loan experience.

3 different scenarios:

Champions League Qualification:
Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Mangala-Rodriguez/Gaya/Kurzawa
Pogba-Fernandinho
Sterling-Silva-De Bruyne
Aguero

Europa Qualification (hope not)
Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Mangala-Clichy
Fernando-Fernandinho
Navas-Barkley-Silva
Aguero (Kun and Dave may not stay)

Fuck FFP and go for it
Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Varane-Rodriguez/Gaya/Kurzawa
Koke-Fernandinho-Pogba
Bale-Silva
Aguero

I think we'll qualify for the Champions League and we'll be OK. Obviously the new names and probable new boss will need time to get together, but after that, we'll be flying. Unless we somehow cock up again and lose 4th spot (or lose the qualifier for that matter), this season will just be a bad memory, and we will be a force once again. I seriously doubt we'll 'Fuck FFP and go for it' as Khaldoon said that this seasons sanctions were just a 'pinch'.

Of course, these teams mean fuck all, there just players who seem to be linked with, and I'm sure if a new manager (Ancelotti, Simeone, Sabella, Klopp whoever...) comes in, they will have their own targets and people who they want to sign.

Klopp

Hart
Carvarhal
Vinny
Mangala
Rodriguez
Fernandinho
Pogba
Koke
De bruyne
Silva
Aguero

worsleyweb said:
.A. said:
Manager: Brendan Rodgers

Hart
Zabaleta-Stones-Kompany-Clichy
Fernandinho-De Jong
Pedro-Silva-Sterling
Aguero

Green
Maffeo
Angelino
Demichelis
Bryan
Barkley
Alex Pritchard
Bony

Barker loaned out for 3 months to somewhere like Derby with a view to coming into the squad in January.

I would get Richards back too! Change of scenery will have done him good. He has lost weight and we can rotate him and zab and get 4 million for sagna. You are not telling me sagna is better than Richards.

His contract expires and I think he'll be joining Liverpool. Shame because he was content to be Zabaleta's back up as long as there was a certain degree of rotation.

.A. said:
His contract expires and I think he'll be joining Liverpool. Shame because he was content to be Zabaleta's back up as long as there was a certain degree of rotation.

There would have been a certain degree of rotation if Micah was able to keep himself fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.