Statues at the ground

Problem now is the club has set a precedent with doing one for Bell, Lee and Summerbee. . You could argue anyone who has played in all the seasons with the 100 points through to 4 in a row are deserving of one, plus Pep.

I’m gonna get pelters but Bell, Lee and Summerbee’s level of success wasn’t anywhere near this group. Dinho 5 titles and no statue.
Compared to the dross we'd witnessed prior to B, Land S it was a period of staggering success.

I could see Pep getting a stand named after him. I think he's worth more than a statue to the club. This doesn't all happen to this degree without the greatest tactician in the sports history.
Pepihad Arena, he deserves more than a single stand

Statues will cause lots of debate. Vinny, Sergio and David S all spent almost 10 years or more at the club and bridged two eras. Mancini/Pellers into Pep But what about Dinho?

I always liked Cheesy's idea of a Walk of Fame like the Stars on Hollywood Boulevard. Running around the stadium there would be room to recognise many more people from across the history of the club as well as more recent legends, off the field greats too Alison, Mercer the Alexander's who steered the club for many years alongside room for Playoff heros, 69-70, 76 etc. With plenty of room for the future heros of this great club. Could be phased in covering different sections of the stadium with an cross section of names released in each phase.

The Statues then become for the truest legends

Bell, Lee and Summerbee just had to be

Kompany, Silva and Aguero just had to be

But where do we stop

Pep best manager we have ever had
Ginger Prince
Rodri especially for the goal that won us our first CL
Mr Whippy captain of treble team
Stockport Iniesta will stay for life and win so much more

We have been blessed and no mention of Sheikh Mansour

Pepihad Arena, he deserves more than a single stand
We joke, but this could genuinely happen. I wouldn't be against it. He's a legend at Barca and Bayern, but i think there's a genuine argument that we are where his legacy lies. He's been here the longest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.