Statues at the ground

So.......

Sergio, David and Komps are undoubtedly legends at the club. But how many of this current lot are going to surpass them in terms of achievements by the time they leave us? How many of them have already surpassed them?

Kev, Stones, Rodri, Ruben, Walker, Ake, Bernardo, Ederson, and Phil. Can't all end up with statues can they?

(Not forgetting the Norwegian chap upfront, but he's only been here 2 seasons and a mere treble and potential double doesn't quite cut it these days!)

So.......

Sergio, David and Komps are undoubtedly legends at the club. But how many of this current lot are going to surpass them in terms of achievements by the time they leave us? How many of them have already surpassed them?

Kev, Stones, Rodri, Ruben, Walker, Ake, Bernardo, Ederson, and Phil. Can't all end up with statues can they?

(Not forgetting the Norwegian chap upfront, but he's only been here 2 seasons and a mere treble and potential double doesn't quite cut it these days!)
Out of the current squad I think only KDB and Pep will get one.

Definitely Pep. Kev, Phil and maybe Rodri (for the Champions League winner alone).The rest will probably get plaques at the training complex

Out of the current squad I think only KDB and Pep will get one.

Good point about Pep, but...

No Ederson? 6 PLs so far plus CL?

Dias and Ake have 4 PLs out of 4.

Foden's got 6 already and from the academy. He's potentially going to be our greatest ever player.

Rodri? Has won so much, scored big goals and nobody can beat us when he plays!

I know we can't give them all statues, but watching the presentation after the match it struck me just how much each of these guys has achieved. So far.

So.......

For a number of reasons, mostly yet to be known, I think only Pep is nailed on at this point. Unless you find a way of honouring the entire treble winning team with something pretty innovative.

Problem now is the club has set a precedent with doing one for Bell, Lee and Summerbee. . You could argue anyone who has played in all the seasons with the 100 points through to 4 in a row are deserving of one, plus Pep.

I’m gonna get pelters but Bell, Lee and Summerbee’s level of success wasn’t anywhere near this group. Dinho 5 titles and no statue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.