Statues

Because we have so many greats why don't we have the first ever football club wax works of all our amazing representatives past and present? Madame tussauds at the etihad

i suggested at the time that a statue of Joe Mercer & Malcolm Allison holding the trophy together at the entrance to City Square from Joe Mercer Way with the renaming of City Square to Malcolm Allison Square would be nice.

I also think maybe like the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but maybe dark blue plaques on the floor around the ground with the names, ages, club apps/goals and stuff on them would be a good idea, I also think paintings and drawings on the concourses along with a properly done and artistic repainting would be nice.

There's so many players we could have a statue for that there'd always be some people who be dissappointed their favourite didn't have a statue, so plaques could be a nice alternative.

My personal opinion is that to warrant a statue, you'd have to have achieved something pretty remarkable in football, like the world cup or Champions league etc..

I don't think that many of the names listed in the previous posts meet that criteria, and it is entirely plausable that our current crop of stars will eclipse anything that has happened in the past, so I would hang fire before we started casting Paul Dickov in bronze.

Mercer and Allison holding the FA Cup
Bert Trautmann and Frank Swift
Bell, Lee and Summerbee
Sheikh Mansour

Joe & Big Mal holding cup
Bell, Lee, Summerbee & Young chairing Tony Book
Billy Meredith
Bert Trautmann

now this i like..............

I also think maybe like the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but maybe dark blue plaques on the floor around the ground with the names, ages, club apps/goals and stuff on them would be a good idea, I also think paintings and drawings on the concourses along with a properly done and artistic repainting would be nice.

very good shout.

Would love a statue of Andy Hinchcliffe giving it large to the rags after hitting the 5th past Leighton!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.