Stay behind after the game and show your support

The fact that there are players & staff in the club that have been contacting the media about Mancini, backstabbing him, makes it a little awkward for me today. I have always stayed behind, every season. But knowing those players will be walking around, taking the applause, doesn't sit right with me.
The fact that it isn't all of the players and their are some that deserve the applause, makes it even tougher...

Rammy Blue said:
Let's see how well we play today before making that decision.
Today is just 0.52% of the season, though. Why don't you give them all, and especially Zabaleta Nastasić Milner and Clichy (who have been excellent), a good ovation for their whole season?which for the most part we've had a good one.

Maybe the substitutions will give us a clue think Brian has good values and a dencent sort of bloke and would want to convey a message so the fans can show their appreciation if he cannot come out directly and say who is getting axed that's probably the best way to give an indication and of course no decision might have been made yet

I wager one thing unlike a few years back wont be many MCFC players on TV moaning about the weather and lack of tapas bars as they have all lost value this year so are in a buyers market

What has happened to us ?

I can remember that every last home game everyone stayed behind and the team did a lap of honour. I recall one that stands out when Peter Reid and Steve McMahon played for us trotting past the Kippax and the whole stand singing Bluemoon with arms in the air and passion for a team that had won nothing.

As with all debates and topics on here there will be a split on whether it's a muffin or barm, Mancini in or out etc etc.

My opinion is that football support has changed since those days of Peter Reid and not for the better. The only real passion is shown in the east corner and south stand.

Football support now is pretty shit and the most passionate were the working class who now many have been priced out.

I hope I am wrong but apart from a few Mancini chants the atmosphere will be flat and many will do the usual fire drill to beat the traffic on 85 minutes, which is another debate on here.

I have accepted that we will never get those days back.

Not one to sit on the fence, if you don't stay and show our boys support and appreciation for runners up in the league and runners up in the FA cup then you are a twat.

Scotty76 said:
The fact that there are players & staff in the club that have been contacting the media about Mancini, backstabbing him, makes it a little awkward for me today. I have always stayed behind, every season. But knowing those players will be walking around, taking the applause, doesn't sit right with me.
The fact that it isn't all of the players and their are some that deserve the applause, makes it even tougher...

Feel a bit the same.

I could see the point of staying behind in the days when we had very little chance of winning anything and enjoying a genuine lap of honour. It was a good way of showing appreciation for the efforts of players like Richard Dunne.

But the current squad is paid to win trophies. I expect and hope that most of them will be at least slightly embarrassed at the idea of the fans staying behind to show appreciation for a trophyless season,.

And today's lap of honour will surely be tainted be the events of the last week? I'm not sure that I could applaud the players whist also wondering which one texted to ask if it was time to put the champagne on ice.

I will probably stay. I always have in the past.

It will be more out of habit though. That FA Cup Final effort and the circumstances around it has damaged a lot of the credit that this group has earned with me and it will take a bit more than a hammering of Reading and Norwich to erase that feeling.

There are individuals that I don't count in that but a lap of honour is a group thing and you can't differentiate.

I find it hard to forgive multi millionaires turning it in in a match where fans have shelled out a huge amount of money to get there. And the fact that it was a cup final makes it even worse. Especially in a week where the prices have gone up again.

I can't escape the feeling that, at the moment, there's some players whose thought process today will be "Great stuff, get this nonsense match and tour out of the way and hurry up and let's get on holiday. Everything is great cos we've got our own way".

Basically, on a high because they have what they want, whilst the fans are on a low after witnessing that FA Cup effort and having to scrimp and save for next season so that that lot can get even more money in their pocket.

Of course, come next season and a decent start, I'll have forgotten all about it. Hard to do that today though.

You really think City players threw the FA Cup? Mind boggles. They played poorly, but that wasn't deliberate whatever the papers might suggest

How come the same group smashed Chelsea in the semi?

I don't think they threw the match but the lack of effort when fans had spent a lot of money to get there pisses a lot of us off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.