Stay behind after the game and show your support

Inter Me Nan said:
I don't think they threw the match but the lack of effort when fans had spent a lot of money to get there pisses a lot of us off.
Not a lack of effort. We just got the game plan wrong. Should have pressed them high up the pitch as their back 4 always make mistakes.

guvnors son mcfc said:
What has happened to us ?

I can remember that every last home game everyone stayed behind and the team did a lap of honour. I recall one that stands out when Peter Reid and Steve McMahon played for us trotting past the Kippax and the whole stand singing Bluemoon with arms in the air and passion for a team that had won nothing.

As with all debates and topics on here there will be a split on whether it's a muffin or barm, Mancini in or out etc etc.

My opinion is that football support has changed since those days of Peter Reid and not for the better. The only real passion is shown in the east corner and south stand.

Football support now is pretty shit and the most passionate were the working class who now many have been priced out.

I hope I am wrong but apart from a few Mancini chants the atmosphere will be flat and many will do the usual fire drill to beat the traffic on 85 minutes, which is another debate on here.

I have accepted that we will never get those days back.

Not one to sit on the fence, if you don't stay and show our boys support and appreciation for runners up in the league and runners up in the FA cup then you are a twat.

Spot on, every time things have gone wrong in the past, the fans have always been there, that's what makes supporting city different to supporting the rags and if 2nd in the league and reaching the fa cup final is enough to make some leave early than the mcfc I though I knew truly has died.

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
guvnors son mcfc said:

I can remember that every last home game everyone stayed behind and the team did a lap of honour. I recall one that stands out when Peter Reid and Steve McMahon played for us trotting past the Kippax and the whole stand singing Bluemoon with arms in the air and passion for a team that had won nothing.

As with all debates and topics on here there will be a split on whether it's a muffin or barm, Mancini in or out etc etc.

My opinion is that football support has changed since those days of Peter Reid and not for the better. The only real passion is shown in the east corner and south stand.

Football support now is pretty shit and the most passionate were the working class who now many have been priced out.

I hope I am wrong but apart from a few Mancini chants the atmosphere will be flat and many will do the usual fire drill to beat the traffic on 85 minutes, which is another debate on here.

Not one to sit on the fence, if you don't stay and show our boys support and appreciation for runners up in the league and runners up in the FA cup then you are a twat.

Spot on, every time things have gone wrong in the past, the fans have always been there, that's what makes supporting city different to supporting the rags and if 2nd in the league and reaching the fa cup final is enough to make some leave early than the mcfc I though I knew truly has died.
Couldn't agree more.

There are fans not even bothering turning up full stop today.

Marvin said:
Inter Me Nan said:
I don't think they threw the match but the lack of effort when fans had spent a lot of money to get there pisses a lot of us off.
Not a lack of effort. We just got the game plan wrong. Should have pressed them high up the pitch as their back 4 always make mistakes.

What's pissed me off is the lack of effort over the course of the season, particularly away from home, players coasting through games and to showing the same desire to win as the utd players who technically probably aren't as gifted.

Also think some players did coast through the final, they did try and I wouldn't accuse them of throwing the game, but they just didn't want it as much as Wigan.

Saying all that, I'll still stay behind to give them a send off because it's when things go badly that the players and club need our support the most.

guvnors son mcfc said:

+1

Marvin said:
Inter Me Nan said:

It is a lack of effort. I'd say our players work less hard on average than the vast majority of premier league teams. Perhaps because of the opposition, perhaps because they think their ability will make up for it.

Against Chelsea, we were facing top quality opposition. As a result we tried harder and won. Theres more to 'effort' than just running around, although that is a big part of it imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.