Stay behind after the game and show your support

guvnors son mcfc said:
What has happened to us ?

I can remember that every last home game everyone stayed behind and the team did a lap of honour. I recall one that stands out when Peter Reid and Steve McMahon played for us trotting past the Kippax and the whole stand singing Bluemoon with arms in the air and passion for a team that had won nothing.

As with all debates and topics on here there will be a split on whether it's a muffin or barm, Mancini in or out etc etc.

My opinion is that football support has changed since those days of Peter Reid and not for the better. The only real passion is shown in the east corner and south stand.

Football support now is pretty shit and the most passionate were the working class who now many have been priced out.

I hope I am wrong but apart from a few Mancini chants the atmosphere will be flat and many will do the usual fire drill to beat the traffic on 85 minutes, which is another debate on here.

I have accepted that we will never get those days back.

Not one to sit on the fence, if you don't stay and show our boys support and appreciation for runners up in the league and runners up in the FA cup then you are a twat.
Ann of intelligence much like his thug father no doubt.

GXCity said:
I stayed behind for about 10 minutes after the final whistle. Still no sign of them so I went.

What a bunch of pricks.

chris8910 said:
i left, didnt deserve my applause

This ^^

Most of our players today (and last Saturday) were a disgrace apart from a couple of exceptions, Rodwell put in a great shift, Milner ran and ran but final ball was missing and Nasri had a good go.... but the rest were questionable.
There was a point just before Rodwell's 2nd goal when Nasri was given the ball by Hart and was hung out to dry by his fellow professionals who didn't give him an ounce of help, so had to dig himself out of a hole before laying it off.
That's just the amount of effort that was shown today, very lacklustre to say the least.
We were deserving of better after forking out all that money last weekend and throughout the season.
A bid shake up is needed and weed out the players who aren't willing.

I stayed and applauded. We've come second and got to an FA Cup final, and yet this was a bad season. I think those that left were forgetting the efforts of Zabaleta, Milner, and a few others this season. Granted there were a lot of players that hadnt broke sweat all season, but it would be disrespectful to those that had if we didn't applaud them.

I suggest placing chocolate covers on all the exits after half time and they dont move until after the final whistle. They'll melt in case of a fire but otherwise no one can leave before the end

stayed until the end but found it a bit cringeworthy. Players clearly didn't want to be there and in honesty, neither did i. Probably mixed emotions for them, embarrassment about the (apparent) night of the long knives, elation that he was fired. I hope they all have a nice summer break and go back to work....at a different club (well, some of them).

SWP's back said:
guvnors son mcfc said:
What has happened to us ?

I can remember that every last home game everyone stayed behind and the team did a lap of honour. I recall one that stands out when Peter Reid and Steve McMahon played for us trotting past the Kippax and the whole stand singing Bluemoon with arms in the air and passion for a team that had won nothing.

As with all debates and topics on here there will be a split on whether it's a muffin or barm, Mancini in or out etc etc.

My opinion is that football support has changed since those days of Peter Reid and not for the better. The only real passion is shown in the east corner and south stand.

Football support now is pretty shit and the most passionate were the working class who now many have been priced out.

I hope I am wrong but apart from a few Mancini chants the atmosphere will be flat and many will do the usual fire drill to beat the traffic on 85 minutes, which is another debate on here.

I have accepted that we will never get those days back.

Not one to sit on the fence, if you don't stay and show our boys support and appreciation for runners up in the league and runners up in the FA cup then you are a twat.
Ann of intelligence much like his thug father no doubt.
your just a condesending prick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.