Steaua Bucharest (h) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
people saying rest KdB, he needs games, he was back later than the rest and needs more games at the moment, not less. Keep the team together as much as possible to get used to playing how Pep wants us to play, that Includes Willy at the moment working with Stones and Ottamendi, the back three need to get used to this system even if a new keeper is coming in

Yaya in Midfield. Let everyone see if he's willing to put in the shift req'd....if not....!!!

pep should put Joe out, as it is at the moment he is our number 2 and this game is for a number 2 also it will most likely be his last turnout for the club if we get hold of Bravo

Whilst it would be a nice gesture, Willy is the one who will likely be staying as back up to Bravo. He needs as much game time as possible to develop this new system and I don't believe pep does sentimentality.

people saying rest KdB, he needs games, he was back later than the rest and needs more games at the moment, not less. Keep the team together as much as possible to get used to playing how Pep wants us to play, that Includes Willy at the moment working with Stones and Ottamendi, the back three need to get used to this system even if a new keeper is coming in
Spot on

Although we eventually won comfortably yesterday and Pep in his post match comments was complementary, I think he will have not said similar to the players in the dressing room. Yes, the weather didn't help, but the second half wasn't as fluid so I am not expecting too much rotation on Wed because of that as Pep will want to continue to reinforce his style for 90 mins

We cannot risk anymore injuries as we approach the derby, i'd go:

Willy
Zabaleta Otamendi Kolarov Angelino
Yaya Fernando Delph
Navas Iheanacho Zichencko

He needs to balance this by making sure that some of the fringe players also get used to playing his way. Plus if he has doubts about whether we need to make further signings in this transfer window, this game gives him a chance to look at his options eg whether to rely on Kolarov as an emergency centre back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.