Stefan Ortega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just play with the idea of role reversal here and imagine what Bayerns reaction would be if City were poaching one of their players under contract

How was Arsenal able to sign David Raya on loan with no obligation to buy?

He helped us win a treble so can’t complain, I would extend that out to the entire squad to be honest, I’d still be a blue if we suffered successive relegations from here on in. I’d definitely be Watching/reading/listening to all things city back in division 2, like I did as a teenager growing up, waiting for the next match so I can look at the tactics and player performances, controversial decisions, match reports etc….

I used to record just the city match of day highlights on a VCR and then pause the tape and get the next weeks highlights straight after.

Anyone who’s flapping about KDB injury or selling x y and z - remember who we are, we don’t fear failure…..been there, don’t that, still wearing the T-shirt- it only makes the future successes even sweeter! There will be plenty of those

I don’t care who we sell, we are city, super city, from main road.

Dunno. People should wait and see on this. Ortega can't displace Ederson - he's done his job and brought him back to his best IMHO. It would be pretty cruel to deny him the Bayern job, and potentially sour things. Other goalkeepers are available to mitigate our loss. Is that risk really bigger than the risk of souring things? Plus, there's potential upsides to getting Bayern back to the table.
I kind of agree with you, however ultimately he signed a contract with us and it's Bayern's job to make an acceptable offer.

If he wanted to be able to leave whenever he wanted he could have negotiated a release clause in his contract.

We have no obligation to let him go on the cheap, especially once the season has already begun.

How was Arsenal able to sign David Raya on loan with no obligation to buy?

Good question. Personally think Brentford got done over here & the Gooners got a good deal. Only committed £3m for the first yr.

Raya could have gone to Spurs or Chelsea & immediately become their no 1 keeper with Brentford receiving a full transfer fee or at least committed fee.

Brilliant shot stopper but just .2 of a second slow with his feet, scares the fuckout if me however, we really shouldn't be allowing him to do one so late in the window.

Good question. Personally think Brentford got done over here & the Gooners got a good deal. Only committed £3m for the first yr.

Raya could have gone to Spurs or Chelsea & immediately become their no 1 keeper with Brentford receiving a full transfer fee or at least committed fee.
A very strange deal, makes you wonder what has been said behind closed doors, no sensible club would agree to such an important player leaving the club for just 3m with hardly any time to grab a quality replacement.

Though I don't understand why the player wanted that move either, as you said he could have been first team in a lot of other clubs but now is in a fight for #1 I also bet Ramsdale wont take kindly tor being dropped after a good season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.