Stefan Savic

BlueCityfan said:
I repeat...That SkySports article says that he is likely to get a work permit because of his huge potential. Must be something in it.
There's no clear cut rules for young special talent permit. The Silva twins at Man u got special talent visa. Wellington Silva didnt get one despite playing for more for the brazil U17 and played 17 games for the brazilian champions, while the twins didnt play a single senior game

The Fat el Hombre said:
BringBackSwales said:
alera said:
I hope not. All savic is potential he's no where near ready for the prem. Arsenal had him on trial and decided he was not good enough. He's only 20 and could beome a top player but it seems like a bit of a punt to me.

If wenger has looked at him and decided against I would have concerns personally. I think the lad from Ajax would be a better option due to his experience with kompany and overall more experience.

On the plus side he's 20 so wouldn't count towards our squad of 25. Also not certain he would get a work permit.

I thought it was 2 or 3 years ago that the arsenal thing fell through, and that was possibly due to work permit issues? Also the lads on here who have seen him play talk very highly of him

The articles are dated February 2010 mate, just after they'd missed out on smalling. Some people are saying work permit issues but google suggests aresenal didn't want to meet the £2.5 million asking price. I couldn't find any reliable source with a clear reason personally

cheers Fella

gooneyrovski said:
BlueCityfan said:
I repeat...That SkySports article says that he is likely to get a work permit because of his huge potential. Must be something in it.
There's no clear cut rules for young special talent permit. The Silva twins at Man u got special talent visa. Wellington Silva didnt get one despite playing for more for the brazil U17 and played 17 games for the brazilian champions, while the twins didnt play a single senior game

Anderson got one on the "special young talent" basis which tells you everything you need to know!

lancs blue said:
gooneyrovski said:
BlueCityfan said:

Anderson got one on the "special young talent" basis which tells you everything you need to know!
yep and essien was denied one....they are joke and it comes down to 3 people panel and they decide who they think is talented enough

Sabster said:
BringBackSwales said:
Blue Coop said:
Date of birth: 8 January 1991 (age 20)
Height: 1.86 m (6'1)
Playing position: Defender

Seems to be gathering some pace of a possible deal.

6 ft 1 worries me a bit - our occasional vulnerability to high balls into the box tells me we need a beast in the air to go with Vincent's brilliance on the ground, just a personal view

We have Lescott for those games - you will struggle to find a CB better in the air than Lescott (bar Vidic)

yeah defiantly ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpDwUiwPpoA[/youtube]

and i havnt seen much of savic but he sounds a good player :)

Probably not worth much but this is what a Bosnian football journo on Twitter said when I asked him about Savic:

20yrs old defender, very good player with solid technique, already capped by Montenegro
According to some [local media], it's a done deal, but only after CL qualifying matches for Partizan. We'll see

Pretty reliable guy in my opinion. Given some good info on Dzeko in the past. Seems like a genuine guy anyway...

If he plays in the CL qualifying matches then surely his value will go down as he won't be able to play for us in the CL proper? Is this correct?

Taylor said:
If he plays in the CL qualifying matches then surely his value will go down as he won't be able to play for us in the CL proper? Is this correct?
Only if his old team makes it to the CL proper. If they fail he can be included in our CL squad.

Got a bit of a chuckle talking about us and CL in the same sentence :)

Dax777 said:
Taylor said:
Only if his old team makes it to the CL proper. If they fail he can be included in our CL squad.

Got a bit of a chuckle talking about us and CL in the same sentence :)

Nah...if you play in the CL qualifiers you can't play in the CL group stages with another club.

Im sure City will want to have him available for CL games too.

alera said:
If he missed out on a work permit last year he's not certain to get one now. Really odd one this.

Savic needs another three matches for his national side, to be 100% sure to get the work permit.

So worst case scenario is a transfer next january.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.