Step up Vladimir Weiss

citizens_1976 said:
Stop with all the hype, he's a young lad.
Correct. A good performance against Championship standard players (at best).

As usual people go OTT

Wouldn't place too much on him in such a big game. I think a De Jong, Barry and Ireland midfield with Bellamy, Adebayor and Shaun as the front three will work well.

He's a top class young kid and we all know that but he can't be hyped too much as there will be alot of pressure put on his shoulders. Every young player comes in hits all the headlines then goes through a bad patch where they have hit a stumbling block, some improve a hell of a lot, and some dissappear, and Weiss will be no different. He has alot of raw talent and to just throw him into a game against a world class team is quite stupid. He does need game time against Arsenal though, i think he could run clichy ragged.

I would be a fool if i said i wasn't excited about what this lad could achieve in the future. Massive potential!!!

aaronbelfastmcfc said:
As a Northern Ireland fan obviously I'm disappointed at our defeat the other night against Slovakia but the silver lining was Vladimir Weiss he was fantastic and ran the show for them at only 19 years old!!! He has always shown great potential over the last year or so and on Wednesday night he proved that he is ready for the World stage and hope that City can keep and use him to his full potential and now is the time with Tevez and Cruz injured.

Ireland have xome big game players, they are not Championship standard

dom said:
Sorry I'm not sure that lad is ready full a first team start yet, not against such a team as the Arse.

Foe me 451 is a bit too defensive. We're at home and IMHO as good as Arse now. How about 442

Given
Richards Toure Lescott Bridge
SWP Stevie Barry Petrov
Bellers Ade

That would do it for me, too, but I would not be afraid to give Weiss a run out in the second half. I think he would not let us down and just imagine, true wingers left and right!

remoh said:
dom said:
Sorry I'm not sure that lad is ready full a first team start yet, not against such a team as the Arse.

Foe me 451 is a bit too defensive. We're at home and IMHO as good as Arse now. How about 442

Given
Richards Toure Lescott Bridge
SWP Stevie Barry Petrov
Bellers Ade

That would do it for me, too, but I would not be afraid to give Weiss a run out in the second half. I think he would not let us down and just imagine, true wingers left and right!

I'd be worried that in midfield we'd be overrun playing that side. For me De Jong has to come in for Tevez and sit in front of the back four and give Barry a bit more chance to get forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.