Stephen Ireland speaks out

UweGoater said:
he makes me laugh!

He has the nerve to call birmingham a shit hole when he comes from a caravan in ireland the pikey prick!!

He's a disrespectful twat who should count himself lucky he makes a living out of football!

Is he trying to stir the pot aswell by mentioning shay given....
is he actually a gypsy or are you just assuming as he is irish ?

Damocles said:
Im reserving judgement until I see the quotes in context.

I'm with you Damo. The article does seem like odd timing. The original article in So Foot was done in January, yet only a month earlier Ireland was quoted as saying he wanted to get back to his national team.

Villa outcast Stephen Ireland is ready to end his international exile as he seeks a January move to Merseyside.

The midfielder, who was an £8m makeweight in James Milner¹s big money move to Eastlands, is desperate to end his Villa misery.

Villa boss, Gerard Houllier, will listen to offers for the 24-year-old as he looks to rebuild a Villa side lying four points above the relegation zone.

Ireland retired from international football in 2007 after falsely claiming his grandmother had died.

He claimed he would not return to the international team but after being frozen out at Villa, he looks to have changed his mind.

Giovanni Trapattoni has tried to tempt him out of retirement previously and Ireland told friends: “I am seriously thinking of calling Trap in the next few weeks and hopefully can work my way back into his plans.

“If I can¹t get a move in January then I need to look at the summer and playing for Ireland will at least put me in the shop window.”

The midfielder watched the 2-1 win over local rivals West Brom from the stands after failing to make the Villa squad and will be available for around £4m as Houllier looks to bolster his struggling squad. (Daily Mirror)

I can see Ireland being bitter, but his quoted words are different depending on which paper is running the story. I'd like to see that actual So Foot article to get the proper context.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:20 am --<br /><br />Looks like he's come out saying he's been misquoted (something I think could be possible given the variedness of his quotes in articles).

Ireland denies critical comments
March 4, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland says he has been "misquoted" after conducting an interview in which he was apparently critical of Gerard Houllier, the city of Birmingham and his home city of Cork.

French publication So Foot reported Ireland describing Birmingham as a "crap city" and questioning the methods of Houllier, who allowed him to join Newcastle United on loan in the January transfer window.

Ireland was also quoted as saying he would "rather shoot myself" than live in Cork, as well as describing Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni as "arrogant" as he explained his reasons for abandoning international football.

However, the Villa midfielder claims the comments attributed to him by the French publication do not accurately reflect his views.

"I'm upset with what has been printed this morning because I feel like I've been portrayed in the wrong way," Ireland told skysports.com in a statement issued by his agent. "I was misquoted and things have been blown way out of proportion. That is the reason why I feel like I needed to say something because the quotes are very unfair.

"What I said during the interview has been twisted to sound particularly blunt and a lot of what was written about my hometown of Cork - which me and my family visit regularly - was just plain ridiculous.

"The comments regarding Birmingham were also taken way out of context as I had only been at Villa a few months and didn't even live there so I have no idea what Birmingham is like to live in and everyone I have met from Birmingham has been nice, my girlfriend's father is from Birmingham so why would I say that, it's just crazy.

"I can only apologise if anyone was offended, but the way the interview was written made me sound very harsh, and I am not that kind of person."

The absolute brat is more than delusioned.
He thinks we want him back at Ireland, nobody cares about him or have cared for about 2 years.
He was a one shot wonder, good for one season and look where it's got him. He's a brat.

He thinks that we've sold out, he thinks that City's sold out, not the club it was. Loss of soul and heart.. But he refered to the place he was born, grew up in, and the club that made him.
He was treated so badly underage with Ireland because he was from Cork, ya it was bias than and is still as bias now, but if you're good enough you make it. There was another Irish player from Cork who was treated just as badly as he says he was, he was even told that he was too small to ever make it as a professional footballer.
That was Roy Keane, and while Ireland will struggle to get a game at Newcastle a club he was loaned to, Keane went on to captain United to years of glory.

He wasn't good enough for City, he certainly isn't good enough for Man U, not good enough for Villa so he's been loaned to Newcaslte. Says it all really. Great players might come out of Newcastle but they certainly don't go there.

And no Stephie love, while you might be a spoilt brat who only cares about money, and cheap looking cars, nobody in Ireland gives a shit what you do.
There was a brief momeny when we did, but like every bad smell, it passed. You wouldn't even make the squad now, and taking a look at our midfield, that's says a lot.

LA are welcome to you, you absolute ****.

“Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham because it was taking me 75 minutes to come to training. But there were 15 players in the same position as me. Some came from London and took more than two hours, but he only asked me to move.
“For a start, Birmingham is a c**p city and I wasn’t going to make the effort, especially as I wasn’t playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days"

And there you have it Stevie - chicken or egg. Houliier wanted you to commit to his plan and you wouldn't. Don't you think he knew you did not want to go to Villa in the first place, a make-weight in a transfer deal which you dragged yours heels over.
Used to think you were the dogs, felt for you when you were elbowed out even though I knew Mancini was right - you are mentally fragile.
You proved it to everyone now your just a fucking eejit

He's just a twat . Half season wonder . Very troubled , bitter and complex individual . Well shut . Will be with another fookin mad ex blue at Newcastle . God help them !

The family club that he grew up in had changed yet he wanted to stay for life. Surely when the Sheik came in and the big names arrived he must have realised that the bar had been raised. He did'nt mind taking a pay rise even if the 'family club' disappeared.The truth is Ireland believed his own hype and does'nt like authority ,how else can you account for him falling out with so many coaches and managers

Ireland on Hughes.

"The last six months under Mark Hughes was very frustrating for me," Ireland told <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.thefa.com</a>. "I was being played out of position. Maybe as a holding midfielder, left wing, right wing. It is not me.

"You have to adjust and think 'I have to do it' but if you want the best out of me you have to play me in my best position. Then I can be myself because the chains are off."

The 23-year-old feels far happier under Hughes's successor at Eastlands, Roberto Mancini, and believes the Italian is making a positive impact at the club.

"The manager is doing different things but he has done a really positive job so far," said Ireland. "We are still scoring goals but we have not conceded as many and are working hard." uardian.co.uk, Thursday 11 February 2010

Ireland on Trapattoni.

“I’ve never seen anyone so arrogant,” “I met him once. He was taking calls every two minutes and made me hang around for 15 minutes in his office.”

“In the end, he said, ‘if you want to play then come, if not, it’s no problem’. He did that mainly so the press would leave him in peace.” “Foreign coaches, they’re no good,” “Ireland is reaping what it sowed,”

Ireland on Mancini and City

""I was banging my head against a brick wall despite what I had done in training.

"I just went with the reserves, worked hard in the gym and kept as active as possible.

"Without a shadow of doubt the situation I found myself in will happen a lot at Manchester City with all the high-profile players they have at the club.

"At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost.

"I'm still young and hopefully Villa will get the best of me and I am now looking forward to the season."

Ireland on team mates after the Hamburg game.

The midfielder, who played through the pain barrier with a bad ankle and fired the Blues in front in the opening minute, refused to pull any punches in the wake of City's potential knock-out blow.

But he insisted that the tie is not over if the Blues can steel themselves: "We simply did not make use of a good start in Hamburg and threw the first leg away.

"Some people were hiding and when our backs were against the wall some people were not brave enough and did not fight.

"We have to look at that and start doing it next week. As a unit we did not do well enough, we need to get back to basics and back into shape quickly.

Ireland on Villa & Houllier.

So just like at City I found myself in a squad where the coach hadn't chosen me. After 15 matches on the bench Houllier told me to stay at home.

"One of the few times I played was in August, and I was man of the match against Chelsea, but that didn't seem to matter to him.

"Then again, I have nothing against Houllier. After all, he wasn't the one who chose me.

"One day though, Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham. I live in Manchester, and it took me an hour and a quarter to get to training.

"Birmingham is a rubbish town as it is, but on top of that I wasn't playing, so I wasn't going to make that effort."

Ireland, 24, is desperate to get settled at St James' Park

Seems to me you forget to blame the one person who can do something about it 'Superman'

Idiot, if he ever plays against us against us, he should not be boo'd just laughed at!

well when another manager realizes that he can't cut it as a pro footballer he's definately ruined his chance of getting a job at the Birmingham tourism board.

A perfect example of blame every other fucker but yourself.

Take a look in the mirror kid, you have all the attributes to be a top player, but you will be a no mark journeyman for the rest of your career if you dont buck your fucking ideas up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.