Stephen Ireland VS Ya Ya Toure

KenTheLandlord said:
mr t said:
What was his name? Tiny bloke - they used to call Big Phil and him the horse and the jockey for a laugh.

He paid half his own transfer fee or something? What was he called? Its bugging me!!!!!!

You mean Nery Castillo?
That's the bloke - could not pick his name from my memory.

Erm, this thread's a bit mental as others have pointed out seeing as they perform different roles on the pitch.

Shouldn't it be Yaya Toure vs Vincent Kompany? There's one to debate...

AlexC83 said:
Erm, this thread's a bit mental as others have pointed out seeing as they perform different roles on the pitch.

For the 3rd time. Ya Ya plays DM for Barcelona AND CM (Ireland's position) for Ivory Coast.

Seeing that both Barry AND De Jong already play in the DM role for City, if any trade does take place, it would most likely point to Ya Ya taking the CM role at City as both De Jong and Barry lack the creativity that Ireland has eg. the Villa game which changed its dynamic only after Ireland came on. Barry was not able to create anything and it was Ireland who eventually produced the through ball which resulted in the tying goal.

Toure is much better than De Jong, De Jong is all about destructive work where Toure sits in that role whilst still creating stuff. Ireland needs the team seting up right for him to be at his best. VK is also a bit limited on the creative front IMO.

skybluekings said:
AlexC83 said:

For the 3rd time. Ya Ya plays DM for Barcelona AND CM (Ireland's position) for Ivory Coast.

Seeing that both Barry AND De Jong already play in the DM role for City, if any trade does take place, it would most likely point to Ya Ya taking the CM role at City as both De Jong and Barry lack the creativity that Ireland has eg. the Villa game which changed its dynamic only after Ireland came on. Barry was not able to create anything and it was Ireland who eventually produced the through ball which resulted in the tying goal.

I appreciate your point but I cannot see him being bought as an attacking midfielder. If (probably) the best club side in the world play him in defensive midfield, then that should suffice to prove that that is his best position. If Hughes wanted another attacking midfielder, he'd buy an out and out attacking midfielder, not one who plays there every so often for his country.

Kinky Dribbler said:
skybluekings said:

I appreciate your point but I cannot see him being bought as an attacking midfielder. If (probably) the best club side in the world play him in defensive midfield, then that should suffice to prove that that is his best position. If Hughes wanted another attacking midfielder, he'd buy an out and out attacking midfielder, not one who plays there every so often for his country.

Good point. Where does that leave the DM's at City then?

The DM order based on ability, in my opinion, at City is 1. De Jong 2. Barry 3. Kompany (who plays CD for Belgium). Still for some reason Hughes goes with Barry instead of De Jong eg, all games before Ireland got injured.

If Ya Ya comes in, then that pushes everyone down the pecking order in a world cup year.

skybluekings said:
AlexC83 said:

Yaya would just come in as another defensive midfield option as someone else has mentioned - hughes would buy someone else if he wanted cover for stevie - and the fact he's a 6 foot + defensive midfielder who has played at the back then shoot me down for comparing him with Kompany who played 95% of city's games as a 6 foot + defensive midfielder who occasionally played at the back...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.