Stephen Ireland

Re Stephen Ireland, i also took a phonecall today from a fellow blue who also had been told by a reporter at the MEN ( his mate) that he was taken to Hospital with a suspected mild heart attack & the MEN were considering breaking the news in their later editions

Straight up i wouldn't take the piss about something potentialy so serious

Manchester City’s star midfielder Stephen Ireland was rushed to hospital following last night’s 2-1 Carling Cup victory against Fulham.

The 23-year-old had complained of feeling dizzy and unwell during the game and was substituted, while a 999 call was made by the club at around 10.30pm last night and Ireland was taken to Wythenshawe Hospital in an ambulance.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/stephen-ireland-gets-the-all-clear-after-scare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-l ... fter-scare</a>

I was told the same ,that he was taken complaining of dizzyness and chest pains,didn't want to post this untill i new it was true.

Coyboy said:
I need someone to shed some light on what exactly Stephen Ireland is doing? I am new to this site, but been a city fan all my life and I'm English, not Irish, but for the life of me I cant understand where he is coming from. Trapatoni is one of the most decorated coaches in world football. He's won a European cup, 7 Seri A titles, he's won the german, portugesse and Austrian leagues, and if I remember correctly managed Italy in 2002 world cup and they were robbed in the quarter final by South Korea, a series of terrible refereeing decisions, obviously swayed by a home town crowd. When you think that Germany got to that final, that was missed opportunity for Italy which Trapatoni could do nothing about

Sorry for going off on a tangent here, but Italy were not robbed. That is just a myth made by the Italian media, which has spread around Europe. I've seen that game, watched many other videos on it, and Italy only had themselves to blame. Vieri missed 2 golden chances. Totti's penalty claim, was not a penalty, look at the replays, and you can see the Korean defender gets his boot to the ball. The offside call was 50/50, sometimes they're given, others they're not, you see those decisions made all the time in football. Italy were just bad losers after that game. When people talk about that game, its always "Italy were robbed" and this is not the case, people just like to spout off what they hear from others, I bet half those people never even saw the game, and just go with the flow whenever it is brought up.

MEN now running the story of his admittance to hospital.

City star Stephen Ireland rushed to hospital
September 24, 2009

MANCHESTER City star Stephen Ireland was rushed to hospital last night from Eastlands after the team's clash with Fulham.

The Blues midfielder, known as one of the fittest players at the club, was taken to Accident and Emergency at Wythenshawe Hospital.

The 23-year-old had complained of feeling dizzy and unwell during the Carling Cup match and was substituted. The MEN can reveal a 999 call was made from the ground to emergency services at 10.26pm. An ambulance arrived two minutes later and he was taken to hospital with its lights flashing

Ireland was kept in until the early hours while tests were carried out. It is understood they all came back clear and he was allowed home between 3am and 4am.

Ireland, last season's City player of the year, was taken off after 75 minutes of the Eastlands clash.

Struggling

One spectator said: "He was struggling in the second half but it wasn't clear that he had an injury.

"At one point, he signalled to the bench as if he couldn't see properly and he crouched down at several points holding his head."

The club said the player was back at home this morning.

A statement on their website read: "Stevie Ireland is back home after being taken to hospital following last night's Carling Cup win over Fulham.

"The Blues reigning player of the season was substituted in the 75th minute of the 2-1 win and taken for precautionary checks after complaining of dizziness and feeling unwell.

"Tests were carried on the 23-year-old and he was given the all-clear. He is expected to rest today and resume training at the weekend for the visit of West Ham on Monday night."

Fans flooded message boards after the match to speculate at what was wrong with the playmaker, who is one of their side's star men.

Some commented that he was on his knees holding his head three or four times before being benched.

Others spoke of him `overdoing it' pre season and added that he did not look his usual self.

Ireland is known for his vigorous exercise regime.

Intensive

He underwent an intensive programme at a martial arts school in Glossop and while most players took an end of season break over the summer he continued with his workouts.

The Cork-born player regularly goes hill running and lifts weights outside office ours. He also kick boxes.

Earlier this season he spoke about his regime.

He said: "I want to lead. I want the players, staff and manager to be able to trust me. I want them to know they can rely on me. I want to put my body on the line and that's why I do extra training."

A product of the club's Academy, Ireland scored 13 goals last season. He was also nominated for the Player's Football Association young player of the season award.

Ireland was first capped by his country in 2006 but is currently in self-imposed exile from the Republic side after scoring four times in six appearances.

After last night's match, City boss Mark Hughes commented on how his players were still feeling the effects of Sunday's energy sapping derby with United.

He said: ""You have to understand that as much physical effort as was put in at the weekend, there was just as much emotional effort as well. Some of our players looked drained because of that, but they stood up and showed great qualities."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.