Stephen Ireland

Bigga said:
Indeed.

Stevie, it's just a game of football. It's not and never should be life and death. Get yourself right, make sure you're right and come back firing on all cylinders and not before. City will always be here for you.

Absolutely spot on.

Stevie needs to be dropped for everyone's sake.

Don't get me wrong, he was player of the year last year and could well be player of the year this year IF we get the best out of him which we wont by playing him at half fitness/injured.

I'd happily forego having a mediocre Ireland for 4 games if it means we get Superman back!

He shouldn't have been playing last night, arguably he should have been rested some time ago.

I'm not knocking him, I fucking love the guy deeply but it's doing him and us no justice to keep playing him at less than peak condition.

I hope to god the heart attack rumours are just that, rumours, and I hope Hughes sees sense and gives him a break asap for all our sakes.

Get well soon Stevie and remember, we'll always be here for you, go away, get well, get fit and you'll be running the show once again!

pressure, anxiety, stress, over exertion can all lead to symptoms that are superficially similair to heart problems. the pressure on him this season is enormous. last year the team was organised to let him shine. this year he has more responsibility, he has to adapt his game but still keep improving. you can tell he takes it all so personally.

I think he's done well this season, I can't stand all the criticism he's recieved, I don't like that people are saying he's underperforming, because he's scored, made good tackles, great passes, great flicks, and set up goals. he's doing a different job, he'll get less chances to be the hero. there's no way he'll get the chances needed to score 15 goals this year. he made a mistake on sunday, but he'd been pushed around the park by Hughes, so it was quite difficult for him to know what to do at that point. everyone needs to ease up on him.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Stevie needs to be dropped for everyone's sake.

Don't get me wrong, he was player of the year last year and could well be player of the year this year IF we get the best out of him which we wont by playing him at half fitness/injured.

I'd happily forego having a mediocre Ireland for 4 games if it means we get Superman back!

He shouldn't have been playing last night, arguably he should have been rested some time ago.

I'm not knocking him, I fucking love the guy deeply but it's doing him and us no justice to keep playing him at less than peak condition.

I hope to god the heart attack rumours are just that, rumours, and I hope Hughes sees sense and gives him a break asap for all our sakes.

"Love him deeply"?

Get well soon Stevie and remember, we'll always be here for you, go away, get well, get fit and you'll be running the show once again!

The web site says he had to go to hospital due to dizzyness, after last night game.
Perhaps he's overdoing it with the kick boxing?

TFC said:
Would be very interested to get 2112's take on the Stevie situation, he usually gives a cracking insight into how the lad is thinking.

2112...you out there blue?

Just to let you know Stephen's fine and was at home today resting. Last night he was taken to hospital as reported and all the tests thankfully were positive. He suffered with dizzyness and double vision and this is why he came off last night. For the record Steve has done no further extra training outside of City like the kick boxing etc since the season started so he has not been punishing his body too far.

Steve wants to be the best he can, is desperate to be successful as an individual and as a club and feels that he, the club and the fans committed together will achieve this. The players take note of what the fans say and they are not isolated from any critiscims, quite the opposite in fact and Stephen is aware of his own performances this season in comparison to last. He does personally take on board some of those critiscisms and I can tell you he is a hard task master to himself, too much so at times in my opinion. Sometimes you can dwell far too much on supporters opinions, the manager feels he is doing a job for the team and thats all that matters This season he is definetly more a marked man, he also is playing a different role, one that accompanies the team more than his own individual talents. It's a long season, we've had a great start losing only one game and for the greater good if the team is successful then certain roles for certain games and periods of the season will have to be sacrificed.

The good news though is that there was no heart attacks and he is fit, healthy and wants more than anything to be here.

Blue2112 said:
TFC said:
Would be very interested to get 2112's take on the Stevie situation, he usually gives a cracking insight into how the lad is thinking.

2112...you out there blue?

Just to let you know Stephen's fine and was at home today resting. Last night he was taken to hospital as reported and all the tests thankfully were positive. He suffered with dizzyness and double vision and this is why he came off last night. For the record Steve has done no further extra training outside of like the kick boxing etc since the season started so he has not been punishing his body too far.

Steve wants to be the best he can, is desperate to be successful as an individual and as a club and feels that he, the club and the fans committed together will achieve this. The players take note of what the fans say and they are not isolated from any critiscims, quite the opposite in fact and Stephen is aware of his own performances this season in comparison to last. He does personally take on board some of those critiscisms and I can tell you he is a hard task master to himself, too much so i my opinion. Sometimes you can dwell far too much on supporters opinions, the manager feels he is doing a job for the team and thats all that matters This season he is definetly more a marked man, he also is playing a different role, one that accompanies the team more than his own individual talents. It's a long season, we've had a great start losing only one game and for the greater good if the team is successful then certain roles for certain games and periods of the season will have to be sacrificed.

The good news though is that there was no heart attacks and he fit, healthy and wants more than anything to be here.

Much appreciated :)

Thought this was spot on also, cheers pardoe;

<a class="postlink" href="http://norfstander.blogspot.com/2009/09/ireland-criticism-uncalled-for-and.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://norfstander.blogspot.com/2009/09 ... r-and.html</a>

Feel better soon Stevie!

Cheers for the update Blue2112 hope stevie gets well soon!!!
Your team needs u,looks like we are the team to beat this year!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.