Stephen Ireland

Am I wrong in thinking that IrishMacca has been on here lauding Roy Keane before?

How about that for an irony?

Are these rants going to keep happening when Ireland team name there squad. When Ireland wants to come back he will come back until then we must respect Stevies stance.

Also Trap got another 2 years crazy if you ask me we will be playing shit football for a long time to come back to bad old days were the players weren't aloud to play football. I pitty Andy Reid he wont ever play for Ireland under Trap.

Coyboy said:
I need someone to shed some light on what exactly Stephen Ireland is doing? I am new to this site, but been a city fan all my life and I'm English, not Irish, but for the life of me I cant understand where he is coming from. Trapatoni is one of the most decorated coaches in world football. He's won a European cup, 7 Seri A titles, he's won the german, portugesse and Austrian leagues, and if I remember correctly managed Italy in 2002 world cup and they were robbed in the quarter final by South Korea, a series of terrible refereeing decisions, obviously swayed by a home town crowd. When you think that Germany got to that final, that was missed opportunity for Italy which Trapatoni could do nothing about.

the problem here is with Trapattoni and the other Irish players not Ireland

Firstly what Ireland said in that interview that i posted (http://www.footballnewshq.com/2009/09/2009-09-pl-story-58564574.html) ties in with the impression I get listening to Trapatton and Liam Brady - that these guys haven't a clue how to man manage players and seem pissed off at Ireland.

They are aproaching it from the wrong angle completely. There were reports in the Irish press a year or so ago about Liam Brady's effort to get Ireland back and how Brady had been aggressive. Liam Brady hasn't a clue - he still gets really angry with Roy Keane about Saipan And this is the guy the FAI sent to try to cajole Ireland back

The idea of Trap being arrogant fits too - he is Italian, they don't have a lot of respect for Irish football (Donadoni said when the WC qualifying draw was made that Bulgaria had a much greater footballing tradition than Ireland - maybe they do, but not by much). Trap himself said part of the attraction of the Ireland job was to spend more time with his kids. He hardly ever goes to PL stadiums to watch Irish players. All part of a pattern for me - he doesn't give a fuck. Not at all surprised he kept leaving the room to take calls when speaking to Ireland. Not impressed by his dealing with Andy Reid either. And that comment "can I tell the press I tried to get you back" in taht article sums it up perfectly

There is another issue regarding what went on between ireland and the other players - stories of bullying, pinning him to the ground to have a look at his hair implants. I don't know what actually happened but rememeber an interview with Stephen Hunt on Irish TV and his reaction to questions about Ireland suggested to me he didn't like him and there was something going on, and I think Ireland is uncomfortable about returning for that reason

IrishMacca, what a small time deluded twat you are.

When are you next drinking with the Hunt's?

Superhands said:
Coyboy said:
I need someone to shed some light on what exactly Stephen Ireland is doing? I am new to this site, but been a city fan all my life and I'm English, not Irish, but for the life of me I cant understand where he is coming from. Trapatoni is one of the most decorated coaches in world football. He's won a European cup, 7 Seri A titles, he's won the german, portugesse and Austrian leagues, and if I remember correctly managed Italy in 2002 world cup and they were robbed in the quarter final by South Korea, a series of terrible refereeing decisions, obviously swayed by a home town crowd. When you think that Germany got to that final, that was missed opportunity for Italy which Trapatoni could do nothing about.

the problem here is with Trapattoni and the other Irish players not Ireland

Firstly what Ireland said in that interview that i posted (http://www.footballnewshq.com/2009/09/2009-09-pl-story-58564574.html) ties in with the impression I get listening to Trapatton and Liam Brady - that these guys haven't a clue how to man manage players and seem pissed off at Ireland.

They are aproaching it from the wrong angle completely. There were reports in the Irish press a year or so ago about Liam Brady's effort to get Ireland back and how Brady had been aggressive. Liam Brady hasn't a clue - he still gets really angry with Roy Keane about Saipan And this is the guy the FAI sent to try to cajole Ireland back

The idea of Trap being arrogant fits too - he is Italian, they don't have a lot of respect for Irish football (Donadoni said when the WC qualifying draw was made that Bulgaria had a much greater footballing tradition than Ireland - maybe they do, but not by much). Trap himself said part of the attraction of the Ireland job was to spend more time with his kids. He hardly ever goes to PL stadiums to watch Irish players. All part of a pattern for me - he doesn't give a fuck. Not at all surprised he kept leaving the room to take calls when speaking to Ireland. Not impressed by his dealing with Andy Reid either. And that comment "can I tell the press I tried to get you back" in taht article sums it up perfectly

There is another issue regarding what went on between ireland and the other players - stories of bullying, pinning him to the ground to have a look at his hair implants. I don't know what actually happened but rememeber an interview with Stephen Hunt on Irish TV and his reaction to questions about Ireland suggested to me he didn't like him and there was something going on, and I think Ireland is uncomfortable about returning for that reason

Spot on mate! Trap gets 2 million a year? For what? Freezing out players, playing shit hoof football and scraping a few lucky wins. No way did he deserve a new contract!

going back to the op. he got stamped on his left leg/ankle 3 fuc*in times against portsmouth,all,right under the refs nose, by michael how the f*ck did i make it as a professional footballer brown.all within 10 minutes of the di*k coming on.the first being the worst,was his first contribution to the match.He hasnt got over that injury yet.also the way hughes sets up the team,means he hasnt got the freedom to be bombing from box to box every game.the very fact he s playing with injury and in different roles is testement to the lad and his ability.
He plays for city,hes come through the ranks,hes one of,if not THE best player/s! If your one of the irish citizens whove got a problem with him not playing for yours and his country,come to eastlands and vent your anger!im sure you ll get a warm hearty reception similar to what our servicemen get in your beautiful country!!!

goatastuta said:
going back to the op. he got stamped on his left leg/ankle 3 fuc*in times against portsmouth,all,right under the refs nose, by michael how the f*ck did i make it as a professional footballer brown.all within 10 minutes of the di*k coming on.the first being the worst,was his first contribution to the match.He hasnt got over that injury yet.also the way hughes sets up the team,means he hasnt got the freedom to be bombing from box to box every game.the very fact he s playing with injury and in different roles is testement to the lad and his ability.
He plays for city,hes come through the ranks,hes one of,if not THE best player/s! If your one of the irish citizens whove got a problem with him not playing for yours and his country,come to eastlands and vent your anger!im sure you ll get a warm hearty reception similar to what our servicemen get in your beautiful country!!!

Totally uncalled for! If this is the direction this topic is going then I would ask a mod to close it.

bluebrickroad said:
goatastuta said:

Totally uncalled for! If this is the direction this topic is going then I would ask a mod to close it.

Indeed. What an ars*hole. Almost makes a good point then ruins it with stupidity.

Why bother responding to irishmacca? He always argues against the majority opinion, I think we all know where his allegiences lye and it is certainly not with us.

depps said:
IrishMacca said:
He'll never be welcomed back..ever. We're a pretty forgiving bunch, we're not the most talented team out there by any means, our passion and our work rate gets us through.
We've pretty forgiving fans, who never boo their own, unlike English fans, it's just 100% backing all the time, fans who give no hastle.
He is the exception. He'll never be welcomed back and never forgiven.
One day the brat will come tumbling down from his fantasy land and he'll regret his decision. By then it'll be too late.

You talk about Stephen Ireland's arrogance yet you have the arrogance to assume you speak on behalf of an entire nation in saying Ireland would not be welcomed back??? You are a twat of the highest order, why are you even on a city forum? Shouldn't you be sucking off wayne rooney somehwere?

I, and every football fan I know, would have Ireland back in the irish squad in an instant so stop acting like your speaking on behalf of every irish football fan....in fact remove the irish part from your user name, you're giving the rest of us a bad name

I'm NOT Irish but I drink Guiness and would have him back!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.