"Sterling and Delph: Snakes with a brain"

Sterling gets booed because most football fans are hugely influenced by the media. If the papers say someone is good, they believe it. If the papers say someone is bad, they believe it. If the players say someone deserves to be booed they will boo him.

Liverpool did a number on Sterling in the press and so many thick twats have fallen for it.

He was labelled as a mercenary by advocates of his own club which probably ended any chance they had of keeping him.

Other fans like to think that their team is morally superior and so readily grasp at the renegade tag

Sterling gets booed because most football fans are hugely influenced by the media. If the papers say someone is good, they believe it. If the papers say someone is bad, they believe it. If the players say someone deserves to be booed they will boo him.

Liverpool did a number on Sterling in the press and so many thick twats have fallen for it.
That can't be true, there's at least two posters in the media thread constantly telling us bad press means nothing and we should just ignore it

That can't be true, there's at least two posters in the media thread constantly telling us bad press means nothing and we should just ignore it
Have those two posters ever been seen in the same room?
As for Sterling, he's boss, as the slapped arse Scousers would say.

Internet in well informed and balanced article shocker! WTF is going on? Next we'll be hearing about the richest owner in football not bulldozing his way over Manchester City Council and actually working with them to redevelop some of the most under funded parts of our glorius City to mutual benefit.

A very good and concise insight into the world of football fans.
As Ric says I have no idea as to the shite that comes Sterlings way from other fans not connected with the fucking Scousers.

I went to a pub not a million miles away for the West Ham match. As soon as Sterling got the ball a bloke sitting on his own started booing. Knowing him to be a rag from when he loudly cheered a goal by Austin a year or so ago, I asked why is was booing. He replied 'Cause it's Raheem Sterling, innit?' My own reply was just one word. He sat in complete silence until left after Yaya scored the second. Of course I got told off by the wife for use THAT word but it was well worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.